Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

jaguars_fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jul 2006, 11:17 pm

I will be get doing accounting which I might go for a masters in that field.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2006, 11:29 pm

I am going for a major in the field of staying on my parents' health insurance plan. It's something I've always dreamed of.

pineapple
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2006, 12:31 am

I was a theatre major...sadly, only on my parents' insurance for another month :cry:

umbra
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Jul 2006, 11:26 am

I am a Biological Chemistry major going into my third (junior) year.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2006, 7:24 pm

I'm an electrical engineering major. I would want to be an economics major but then I would run into the whole issue of economics if I did so. I am going into electrical engineering because it pays well, I am good at math and science, and I recognize that I can easily satisfy my own personal interests on my own time.

ebots_mind
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Aug 2006, 9:39 pm

I am majoring in psychology, and it is literally hell on earth for those of us who know we've been put on the wrong planet.

But, it was my goal to challenge myself socially, and to learn how to relate to other people.

No pain no gain, right?

Anyway, I'm in my third year and hope to get into graduate school for qualitative research (crunching statistics) in personality psychology. 8O

I haven't been on my parents' health insurance for some time, but I'd recommend social security disability to everyone in that crisis. It has kept me going for the last five years.

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2006, 10:14 am

Double major in Latin and Botany with a minor in Geology.. probably. Some combination of those things, at least. Still only first year, have another 4 to decide exactly what I want :P

rhubarbpluscustard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Aug 2006, 8:27 pm

Modern Languages and Linguistics.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2006, 12:12 am

Bus Conductor or Future Flower Child. I'll make my decision based on how the Politics of the World play out, in Six Months.

julieme
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Aug 2006, 7:57 am

Double - Chemical and electrical engineering.

Major draws: no english lit or literature classes required; liberal arts satisfied by athletic department classes designed to let student athletes not have to sudy with options like three shots at the same multiple choice exam;calculus is fun; can easily do the stupid 1-0 stuff as colored squares in my head; always wanted to build my own still; love finding patterns behind behaviors (e.g. random signal analysis and control loops)

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2006, 6:49 pm

julieme wrote:
Double - Chemical and electrical engineering.

Major draws: no english lit or literature classes required; liberal arts satisfied by athletic department classes designed to let student athletes not have to sudy with options like three shots at the same multiple choice exam;calculus is fun; can easily do the stupid 1-0 stuff as colored squares in my head; always wanted to build my own still; love finding patterns behind behaviors (e.g. random signal analysis and control loops)

Sounds cool and useful. The double major would likely be useful as you go further in life, either in academia or in the private sector.

kulethecat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Aug 2006, 12:54 pm

Radiology Technology is my current major. I am thinking of adding Nuclear Medicine after I finish with x-ray school.

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2006, 9:57 pm

Quote:
Radiology Technology is my current major. I am thinking of adding Nuclear Medicine after I finish with x-ray school

That sounds interesting. X-ray work would require a knowledge of medical terminology and also the fun physics stuff having to do with nuclear radiation, in addition to bookkeeping. You'll be good at this.

Quote:
I am majoring in psychology, and it is literally hell on earth for those of us who know we've been put on the wrong planet.

How so? Is it that you don't enjoy learning about your own different psychology or that you've had to put up with the antics of NTs in your Psych classes?

My major is computer science, with a minor in mathematics.

jread
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Aug 2006, 12:46 am

Started off as a Computer Science major.... hated it... went to Geography. Did Geography for a few years while working in the GIS field (computer cartography). Got interested in urban planning and am now almost done with a bachelor's in Public Administration. Needless to say, that was a BAD idea. It's too late to change now, but at least I was forced to learn about politics (although it doesn't make sense to me). The funny thing is that my interests are now back to where they started in computer science; I've been doing a lot of programming lately and have discovered that it's my true love.

So, Bachelor's of Public Administration, which will be done in Spring of 2007. After that I will be working toward an M.S. in Software Engineering.

colonel1fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2006, 9:32 am

I started off as a Special Education major three years ago and two years ago i changed my major to Health Services Administration (Basically, Health Information Management) and transferred out of state for the Bachelor's Degree.

Orvaskesi
Raven
Raven

26 Aug 2006, 6:49 pm

I did my Master's in Finno-Ugric languages - with Finnish as my "main" language (though I wrote my thesis on Saami languages). Currently doing a Ph.D. on Finnish language history.