Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2016, 12:50 pm

I really hate how college classes are set up. I nearly lost my mind last semester. When my class day ends at different times on different days, I forget to study and do homework. My schedule graph looks like somebody just highlighted random boxes in Excel. And my schedule changes every semester so I have restructure my entire day every few months. Nothing is constant, not even mealtimes. And I can't just take it a day at a time. I try, and I end up forgetting even more things. I am dependent on my phone and its alarms, but technology hates me. I'm really sorry about ranting. I'm sure I'm just being overdramatic. If anyone else with executive dysfunction has advice that would be really helpful.

startide_rising
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jul 2016, 2:01 am

I've experienced similar issues. Something that helps me when faced with a random schedule like that is to try to impose some structure on whatever parts of the day are consistently free throughout the week. For example, if the earliest you have class is 10 AM, and the latest you have class is 4 PM, then think of 10 AM - 4 PM as your "random class time," where depending on the day, classes could fall sort of anywhere within that window of time. But if you impose some structure on your morning routine, and then maybe have a set time after 4 PM when you'll study and do homework every evening (say 6-8 PM, for instance), then hopefully that will make the random class time seem less stressful and chaotic. This type of strategy has worked for me, at least.

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2016, 10:16 am

Thanks, I think I'll try that.

startide_rising
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jul 2016, 11:29 am

I hope it helps!