Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

mihen
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Nov 2011, 9:48 pm

When i was in highschool i didn't really do much homework, i felt it was stupid since i understood the material and always scored high on tests and quizzes. I don't think homework should take up a big percent of your final grade, i would've gotten D's and low C's if i didn't make up homework before grades went out.

So what are your feelings on homework?

JSNS
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Nov 2011, 9:51 pm

Teachers in middle school and teachers in highschool are always like "oh well once you get to college." Well I'm here now and it's not as hard as I expected it to be , such as reading more and doing more. I've only done to 2 term papers , and there saying theirs tons and tons of papers to do. Thier's really no challenge , that's probably why alot of people are laughing at thier backs.

I don't do much of it in university - only assignments considering that's the only homework you get, too me university is easy if you know how to work the system. By that just don't even pay attention to the lectures since they kill brain cells and I can't even sit through to even listen to their brilliant speech. So I don't attend the lectures in large classes since they don't take attendance like in highschool or at least I sleep through them ( called threading water )

I skim the main ideas in the books for the lesson for less then 10 minutes or if I'm attending the lecture I'll take someone elses notes. For studying I just skip classes , review , review , review the study guide given by the professors , then finally join the discussion group for the test. And I'll score a 90.

No one pays much attention to me anyways , you give little curiosity - they give little feedback. I have a 3.4 GPA without much effort.

If you give in money and they fail you , it reflects the teacher's reputation of being a super b***h. It's part of the system.

MacDragard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 11:09 pm

JSNS wrote:
Teachers in middle school and teachers in highschool are always like "oh well once you get to college." Well I'm here now and it's not as hard as I expected it to be , such as reading more and doing more. I've only done to 2 term papers , and there saying theirs tons and tons of papers to do. Thier's really no challenge , that's probably why alot of people are laughing at thier backs.

I don't do much of it in university - only assignments considering that's the only homework you get, too me university is easy if you know how to work the system. By that just don't even pay attention to the lectures since they kill brain cells and I can't even sit through to even listen to their brilliant speech. So I don't attend the lectures in large classes since they don't take attendance like in highschool or at least I sleep through them ( called threading water )

I skim the main ideas in the books for the lesson for less then 10 minutes or if I'm attending the lecture I'll take someone elses notes. For studying I just skip classes , review , review , review the study guide given by the professors , then finally join the discussion group for the test. And I'll score a 90.

No one pays much attention to me anyways , you give little curiosity - they give little feedback. I have a 3.4 GPA without much effort.

If you give in money and they fail you , it reflects the teacher's reputation of being a super b***h. It's part of the system.

I have to ask what year you are in college. From what it looks like, either you're still a freshman or you picked a ridiculously easy major.

In upper undergrad and grad studies, you do nothing BUT homework. Granted, a lot of it is not graded unless it's project or research work, but the higher up you go the more they expect you to do outside of class.

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2011, 1:35 am

Up until I graduated from high school I hated homework. We were at school for six hours a day, why do we need to use all our time away from school to still do work? But now I'm in college and it doesn't really bother me. My school day is not as long as it was in elementary and high school. But I'm sure that will all change once I get into more advanced classes.

Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/