Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Cartoon
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Oct 2013, 7:55 pm

I don't enjoy sitting in lectures. I went back to college this year and have found this part difficult. For instance when I am in a group of about 20 people in the smaller room, the lecturer is constantly looking from person to person as they talk. Pretty quickly I'm in a situation where I'm just waiting for them to get to me again and I'm not able to concentrate on what's being taught. I usually then just look at the board or slides until I can settle down and then just try to look at the lecturer periodically instead of just staring the whole time.
In the bigger room it's not so much a problem as I can sit down the back to the side.
Does anyone have any suggestions for this situation? I know some people say to look at someones nose or forehead, but there is a bit of distance and movement so that's not so easy.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2013, 8:19 pm

Take more notes, that should keep your head down.
Never mind whether you need more notes, they'll help you avoid eye contact, so just write down any ole silly thing, but stay on topic so he doesn't catch your mind wandering off.

Cartoon
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Oct 2013, 12:13 pm

Thanks. Good idea, should have thought of that as lots of people are taking notes.