I don`t feel to good about High School

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Lui
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Oct 2013, 3:04 pm

I remember that I was at lunch bs-ing with some friends and they were talking about masturbating and being stupid and I for no reason throw out a cutting joke by saying that a friend scarred me with the things he said and I said that he`s the reason that I cut myself(I don`t now will I ever,and right at that moment I knew sh*t hit the fan, and felt the remorse instantly), and my other friend says that his girlfriend cuts herself and punched me in the stomach, I just stand there shocked. I didn`t want to punch him back, and I didn`t all I did was stand there. The remorse was eating away at me all day and I don`t want to go back knowing that I made an enemy.

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 3:30 pm

You should have punched him back.

He'll probably be over it tomorrow. If not, you could try apologizing, if he's the kind of person that works on. If he still bothers you then you can always go back to Plan A and punch him. Violence solves EVERYTHING.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 3:34 pm

I don't think you did anything wrong. No matter what you make jokes about, there's always somebody who finds a reason to be offended.

The whole purpose of comedy is to laugh and release some of the tension of living in a difficult and dangerous world. There is no subject that's off limits (there are entire books full of Dead Baby Jokes), just people with a limited sense of humor and those who don't know how to tell a joke well.

I can understand maybe feeling embarrassed if you told the same joke in front of his girlfriend - I can even understand why to him it wasn't particularly funny, but that's no excuse for punching somebody.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 5:35 pm

You didn't do anything that hundreds of typical people don't do, callously and without remorse, every single day.

Don't beat yourself up about it.

Don't punch the jerk-- even if his response was inappropriate and excessive.

What did you learn????

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 10:29 pm

You basically did what's called putting your foot in your mouth.

I think the guy over reacted a bit, but if his girlfriend is really struggling with it, and he loves her, I can understand why he reacted the way he did. It's a very serious medical condition. I try not to joke about mental illnesses.

I would suggest going to him tomorrow and apologizing and move on.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 6:07 pm

thewhitrbbit wrote:
You basically did what's called putting your foot in your mouth.

I think the guy over reacted a bit, but if his girlfriend is really struggling with it, and he loves her, I can understand why he reacted the way he did. It's a very serious medical condition. I try not to joke about mental illnesses.

I would suggest going to him tomorrow and apologizing and move on.

Yeah, just apologize and don't worry about it. +1

coffeebean
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2013, 12:13 pm

I don't think he's necessarily your enemy now. He may just have not considered cutting a topic to joke about, since he has a loved one who struggles with it.