Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

shako154
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Jul 2015, 10:05 pm

I've been in the same school system with the same people for my entire life, and now that I am entering my sophomore year of high school, I am starting at a new school. I don't know how I will make friends in that situation. What do I do?

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 8:08 am

Find out if they have student clubs pertaining to your interests; if it's a college with tech/engineering majors, there's a good chance there are.

Assuming there are, join one (or some) of those; you'll be in a group where you have at least one thing in common: that specific interest. also, there'll be several others that are new to the school, perhaps even to town, so there's two things: you both are interested in *insert X* and you both need friends

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 8:33 am

There's almost always science-type clubs in high school. Join them.

shako154
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Jul 2015, 9:59 am

izzeme wrote:
Find out if they have student clubs pertaining to your interests; if it's a college with tech/engineering majors, there's a good chance there are.

Assuming there are, join one (or some) of those; you'll be in a group where you have at least one thing in common: that specific interest. also, there'll be several others that are new to the school, perhaps even to town, so there's two things: you both are interested in *insert X* and you both need friends

I will be in band, and I do find it easier to make friends in band; it's just so different because I won't know anybody at all.