Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

The_Cost_For_Being_Lost
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Aug 2016, 1:42 pm

Since middle school, I’ve always felt inferior and stupid compared to my neurotypical classmates. In January of 2016 I was finally diagnosed with major depression and autism. Now I am a freshman in highschool, and I already find myself slipping behind my studies. I continue to think about how better my regular peers are contrast to me. I still cry in frustration sometimes. I still can’t hear the words that people try to tell me. I have trouble talking to students sometimes. I worry that I’m going to hurt myself for feeling this way. I find myself anxious a lot of the times and it feels like I’m going to be sick.
Because of this, I thought that maybe schools with a different format in teaching would be my best answer. Most of the obstacles in my life originated from school, and I feel like it’s not unlikely that I’ve got more hurdles to jump than others. If my problems are something actually worth fixing, what are my best options for an alternate version of education? (If you need more information to give me advice on my situation, please ask and I will get back to you.)