Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

SarkayanSweden
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Aug 2024, 4:23 am

Please share your profession, education and how long you’ve had it.
Also share your dream title and wishes.

For me I am a logisticien student but would love to have been an architect. I am not really good at mathematics so that latter would not have been a smart choice.

My real wish is to become an entrepreneur, to develop an innovative product but I just can’t seem to succeed.
I am 27 years old and have never worked a single day in my life.

Your turn!

JamesW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Aug 2024, 1:31 pm

I'm a computer geek. Non-people-facing tech.
Bachelor's degree. 36 years.
Titles are BS.
My wish is to work for a few more years and then retire, and not die just yet.

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2024, 2:52 pm

Warfighter response cell operator/Alpaca breeder (Retired) 12 years/21 years
Cert.3/4/5 IT & electronics + trade certs/licenses.

The first is my dream title and if the position reopens this year I am SO back there.

Funnily enough, since I last posted that job title in WP, my LinkedIn page has been sent a heap of stuff from US defence forces.
Someone's had an AI trawling Wrong Planet!

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2024, 3:00 pm

BS CS - Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science. I have worked as a Software Engineer, Database Administrator and DevOps Engineer. So basically “computer guy” I got my degree in the 1990s. I tend to be a generalist and do anything no-one wants to do in Computer Stuff. I have also worked as a Requirements Engineer and a Tech Writer. Got bumped up to Team Lead once but it didn’t stick.

SarkayanSweden
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Aug 2024, 3:49 am

Hi James!
Thanks for sharing, really fun to see you have found your niche in the computer geek field. I’ve always thought that programming and related is very difficult. If your plan is to retire soon, what are your plans to gain money? Are there not good opportunities to create your own software some day? Maybe sell your services in your enterprise, idk just trying to find reason and inspire.

Hi Carbonhalo!
Very interesting titles, can I ask what made you retire from your Warfighter response cell operator job? I really haven’t heard about that job before so is it like talking to soldiers that are in the airplanes?

Hi Fenn!
Wow what an impressive amount of work experience you poses. If I may ask, you’re diagnosed with ADHD like me myself, how is you doing with concentration and those stuff? I have like you ASD and ADHD but also BD which is not very fun lol. I would like to hear your strategies for coping with everyday work. Thanks!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2024, 3:57 am

Electrical Engineering

I earned an Extra Class Amateur Radio License, which I have kept current; spent 6 years in the Navy as a Radio, Radar, and Security Technician, being promoted to 1st Class (E6) before my honorable discharge; and spent my spare time during the summer between my 2nd and 3rd undergraduate years reading all 3 volumes of "The Feynman Lectures on Physics".  The professor supervising my Master's thesis was a big fan of Richard P. Feynman, too.

Then I spent a few decades in various R&D and production jobs until retirement.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2024, 6:46 am

SarkayanSweden wrote:

Hi Carbonhalo!
Very interesting titles, can I ask what made you retire from your Warfighter response cell operator job? I really haven’t heard about that job before so is it like talking to soldiers that are in the airplanes?

Afraid you'd have to PM for answers to those questions.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2024, 12:01 am

SarkayanSweden wrote:
Please share your profession, education and how long you’ve had it.
Also share your dream title and wishes.

For me I am a logisticien student but would love to have been an architect. I am not really good at mathematics so that latter would not have been a smart choice.

My real wish is to become an entrepreneur, to develop an innovative product but I just can’t seem to succeed.
I am 27 years old and have never worked a single day in my life.

Your turn!

I am unemployed/disabled.I am also an entrepreneur and investor.I am a small time oil man here in Texas with my dad.I am also a priest and church planter and missionary in the church of Christ.My dream job is being 2 Term Libertarian President of the United States but dont worry there's no chance of that happening.I have one associates a bachelors degree and some other degrees.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 22 Aug 2024, 1:48 am, edited 4 times in total.

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2024, 12:42 am

Fnord wrote:
Electrical Engineering - I earned an Extra Class Amateur Radio License, which I have kept current; spent 6 years in the Navy as a Radio, Radar, and Security Technician, being promoted to 1st Class (E6) before my honorable discharge...

I'm an EE program dropout, communications tech for 45 years, working on everything from pagers to 9-1-1 dispatch systems. Also Extra Class and the old Second Class commercial license with radar endorsement.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 10:09 pm

I am a chemist at a university where I often teach advanced level classes to both undergrad and graduate students.

I graduated with my doctorate in synthetic chemistry fifteen+ years ago. As for my undergrad degree, it is ACS certified with three minors (physics, math and history). My specialty is in nanomaterial development and molecular sensor design. I also have experience working with radioactive materials as I have roughly half of a nuclear engineering degree under my belt.

My ideal job title is the one I already have: Chemist. Although “mad scientist” is what I have been called by others.