Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 2:33 pm

I've signed up on the Classmates Website to have my name on the E-Mail List. Than I've realized how much I've hated High School. I've also realized that I could recieve some pretty derogatory E-Mails from some of the people that I've Graduated with. Half of those people tought I was Mentally Challenged, just because I've kept myself quiet in Class and got my work done. I've hated High School so much, that I became a Hippie to destract myself from the garbage that went on at my High School, day after day. However, I did take my name off the list, and my fingers are crossed that I didn't get any abusive E-Mails. The thing that amazes me is how a Hippie that has a bad attitude towards High School, such as I can manage to Graduate on the A Honour Roll with out asking for the extra help that was available, most of the time.

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 2:39 pm

I dont think I will ever want to talk to anyone from my graduating class, the one before and the one behind yes but never mine, mine was full of jerks.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

Ryan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Nov 2005, 8:25 pm

I agree with you ender, all my friends were from a grade above me or below me. I seem to connect with people younger then me or older then me best.

Quintucket
Toucan
Toucan

09 Nov 2005, 7:18 pm

I'm that student who always blurts out in class, corrects the teacher, and acts like a know-it-all.

Only class I don't do it in is math, and that's because after 9th grade I stopped liking that subject.

Teachers and the SPED professionals have me me aware that I do this, but it's one thing to know I do it and another thing to stop.

And yeah, I know the feeling of preferring to deal with differently aged kids.
While those I'd consider my friends are both in the same class my extracurriculars were always run by those one grade above me.

And all my classes are filled with juniors (not that I'm dumb, basically that half the school took accelerated courses and they wouldn't let me because of my IEP). Which is frusturating since I've had a number of courses I could pretty much teach.

ZedSimon
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 7:39 pm

This was kinda freaky to me: my school contracted with some publishing company to track down all of the students from like every year of my high school and put them in a listing with names, phone numbers, e-mail addresses and all that blahblah. I took myself off the list for my class because a) Nobody from my high school actually knows who I am since I only went there for a year and a half; and b) even if they did, I'd probably get the same kinds of e-mails CockneyRebel gets. I was very uncomfortable there and really put off by the general vibe of the place. The less I have to remind me of it, the better.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2005, 5:48 am

Cockneyrebel,even if all the people known at school were horrible,sites like that are good for showing them how well life is going even for small things,or making a point of abusers' failiures.
Are you on friendsreunited? that is a good site/might find more people from own schools there,and is global if I remember correctly.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2005, 5:57 am

Mentally challenged....
because you got your work done?
Right.
Hooray for stupidity.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Seanybaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Nov 2005, 8:44 pm

High school is, out of all things, socially selective. You can get straight A's in your classes and others will still see you as tame compared to, say, jocks like football or basketball players. Or even worse, someone will score higher than you that looks like he or she never even bothered to study (unfortunately, that's the case with college too.....).

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2005, 10:44 pm

Part of the reason that I am not applying to a state university in my state is because all of my classmates are applying to the good ones. I am not hated by my classmates but I don't like them too much and really don't want to deal with too many people I know after high-school. I am somewhat of a misanthrope and really could care less about the people that go to my school, I don't want to see them at college though.

toonaspie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Dec 2005, 4:54 pm

I dont like personal websites like classmates.com or Myspace.com because they are far too public. Alot of people use these sites to easily track down people. I had an psychotic ex boyfriend of mine track me down through my classmates account but I never answered any of his messages.

I suggest using Facebook.com I like it alot because you can set your privacy settings to whatever you want and can even block certain people from seeing your profile. You can also see what people look like and contact them without having to pay any hidden fees. That Gold Member stuff on classmates.com is a bunch of hooey.