yes 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
no 90%  90%  [ 27 ]
Total votes : 30

jawa11
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Sep 2008, 9:12 pm

this message is 70% unture and 30% true kk

One prediction that the U.S. is headed for five natural disasters has some believing in the doomsday theory.
Another factor is that many of the world’s religions and most famous prophets reference something cataclysmic happening around Dec. 21, 2012. The medieval predictions of Merlin, the Book of Revelation and the Chinese oracle of the I Ching all point to this specificadate as the end of civilization.
Also, one of the best known Catholic prophets, Irishman Maelmhaedhoc O'Morgair, better known as St. Malachy, predicts that the Pope after John Paul II would be the last.
Then there are those who believe in the famous predictions of Nostradamus. Those studying the Prophecies of Nostradamus say that he has indicated the possibility of a Third World War.
It is believed that a major terrorist attack on the U.S., assassination of some world leaders and another war in the Middle East may precede the Third World War, as well as numerous natural disasters. Sounds a lot like the world we live in today.
There is also this tie in to modern-day technology. The Web Bot Project, developed in the late 1990s to assist in making stock market predictions using a system of spiders to crawl the Internet and search for keywords, much like a search engine does, also came up with the same date.
Skeptics point to a long history of "Failed Doomsdays," but many oracles of doom throughout history have a disturbingly accurate track record.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 11:14 pm

I have to say it's interesting given the 2012 Mayan Calandar also is close to what some were saying the Age of Aquarius would bring, the death of an old age and bringing in a new one, the Oil Peak and Economic Woes, 2012 is a year there is a POTUs election, etc.

Oh well..

legendoftheselkie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Sep 2008, 12:13 am

I thought Y2K was the end.

Adrenaline
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Sep 2008, 12:36 am

Yes, the calender is true.
but fools,
the major changes is going to last at least a decade.
its going to affect and hurt. all of us.

ValMikeSmith
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 1:26 am

Did research, no vote.

Mark 13:32 Jesus says:
"That day and that hour, no man knows, no angel knows, I don't know, only my father knows."

It's interesting that he does NOT say that we don't know THE YEAR. 8O

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 2:54 am

Nah. There's a series of checks and balances that holds the thing together.

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

jawa11
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Sep 2008, 4:34 pm

:wall: ....... -_-........ look if u wanna belibe me look at the 2012 desripion 1 2 & 3 ......

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 5:15 pm

Depending on which astrologer (not any real scientist) does the calculations, the year that begins the Aquarian Age could be from 1447 CE to 3621 CE, with the median year of 2534 CE. Thus, there is no set and agreed-upon "Dawning of the Age of Aquarius"! Certainly, the year 2012 CE is as good a guess as any other year.

The only reason that the woo-woo crowd has hit upon 2012 CE as the end of the world is that it is the same year that the thirteenth B'ak'tun cycle in the Long Count of the Mayan calendar allegedly ends. But if you'll only notice, this year's Gregorian calendar ends at precisely 24:00 (12:00p) on December 31, 2008 CE. The mere fact that a calendar ends (and you have to buy a new one) does not mean that the world will end at the same time.

Some Wooists claim that 2012 CE to be a great year of spiritual transformation, while others predict an apocalyptic world-ending event for the same year. Still others simply claim that there will be a major change in the socio-political aspect of world order. There are even Wooists that claim that the year 2012 CE is the year that the 65-year long treaty with the Reticulians (Roswell 'Greys') ends, resulting in humans being bartered as slaves and experimental subjects in exchange for alien ultra-technology.

For the record, Astronomers (real scientists) have made the following predictions that are based upon observation, mathematics, and provable physical laws:

January 1, 2012 CE: The year begins at 00:00 local time.

January 31, 2012 CE: Asteroid 433 Eros, the second-largest Near Earth Object on record will pass Earth at 0.1790 astronomical units, which is 69.7 times further than the moon's orbit! Needless to say, this real astronomical event, while significant, is still a mere scientific curiousity.

February 29, 2012 CE: Leap day. Nothing special about that, as it happens every four years anyway.

March 12, 2012 CE: Vernal Equinox at 05:14 UTC.

May 20, 2012 CE: Annular solar eclipse.

June 6, 2012 CE: The second and final solar transit of Venus visible from Earth until the next pair occurs in 2117 and 2125.

June 20, 2012: Summer Solstice at 23:09 UTC.

September 22, 2012 CE: Autumnal Equinox at 14:49 UTC.

November 13, 2012 CE: A total solar eclipse will be visible in northern Australia and the South Pacific.

November 28, 2012 CE: Penumbral lunar eclipse.

December 3, 2012 CE: Jupiter is at opposition - it is on the opposite side of the sun from the Earth.

December 21, 2012 CE: At 11:11 UTC, the Winter Solstice begins in the Northern Hemisphere, and the Summer Solstice begins in the Southern Hemisphere. This day allegedly marks the end of the Mayan calendar, although no fixed date for the beginning of the Mayan calendar has ever been determined.

December 31, 2012 CE: The year ends at 24:00 local time.

Only Wooists would believe otherwise.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.