Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Kaiteeinradioland
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Oct 2012, 2:25 pm

I'm 21 and I've been trying to find a job for a year now ever since I stopped going to College. I've applied to places like McDonalds, Burger King, Dunkin Donuts, Family Dollar in my town. I'm afraid to apply to other places in a different town since I don't have my drivers license. I've only gotten 2 job interviews and both were for Dunkin Donuts but I wasn't specifically what they wanted since I've never had a job before. I feel like not having my drivers license is keeping me from getting any job. Recently I've applied to this Daycare called Kiddie Kottage. I want to work as an assistant teacher since you don't need to get a degree from college. I've called them numerous of times and they told me they would hire assistant teachers but not at the moment. They only have certified teachers working there. So I thought maybe I should go back to college and change my major to Early Childhood Education and get a degree in that. It's just I don't have money to pay for it. I know their is financial Aid which I'm currently trying to get but I would need money for transportation too. I feel like I would have to juggle having a job and going to college which will be very stressful for me. I don't really know what to do. I don't want to settle for any job like fast food or retail. I don't think I'm cut out to work a job like that since I have severe Anxiety. I don't want to go into a deep depression and turn away from God. I really want to work with kids for a living! Maybe going to College will be the best bet for that. Ahhh I don't know.

Wanderingronin42
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Oct 2012, 3:31 pm

Don't worry, every young person has worries about jobs. I have a cousin that has been going to college for seven years and has graduated from college. She has assistant manager job at local company, but she does not believe my family in saying they will pay her more and she will be treated with more respect because of the degree. My advice, go back to college and try to find a job on campus. Remember God always shows the way, we just have to figure out what it is.