Workplace bullying and office politics/cliches

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

LastSanityJermaine
Raven
Raven

02 Nov 2013, 12:05 pm

What are some of your experiences?

I somehow manage to standout at every job I have been to and the last one, my supervisor had found it as a weakness and decided to treat me in a manner that if I had known better I could have sued the workplace for a ton of money and get him fired. Workplace cliches and politics I have encountered seem very unprofessional, at the 3 jobs I have been at so far only 1 I learned that at my age I need to work with adults since being autistic we somehow give off vibes to other people showing our weaknesses and they manage to pick up on it. At my age people are still immature and being an adult legally doesn't change a damn thing. Main thing I hate about office cliches/politics that if the leaders of them are supervisors/managers they usually abuse their power to bend rules when the boss isn't around and/or force the people below them to follow their traditions/culture.

I remember my first job when I was 14 people thought I was a stuck up douche who thought they were unintelligent just cause I didn't talk much and spent all my lunch breaks by myself.

Jerricko
Raven
Raven

03 Nov 2013, 12:27 am

I have colleague who decided one day that I am his punching bag. He knows that I am an aspie and he just doesn't care. Our boss stepped in and we don't work together anymore, and a week later, the guy stopped talking to me; I assume the bosses gave him a talking to. He once gave me a talking down to for being noisy once, yet he is by far the noisiest person in the company. I don't mean noisy as in bumps something, he whistles, hums, taps his foot and sighs so loudly that it sounds like a jet taking off. At times now, I feel like he is trying to passively annoy me, but I take heart in how I see him: hypocritical (the noise thing), egotistical (he constantly vents that he feels our superiors don't do a good job), a self-martyr (I overheard him the other day saying that he has not been on leave this entire year, but I can recall that he has been on leave for 10 days that year plus a day that we were all given off. He also constantly whines about how they overwork him) and possibly petty (trying to annoy me).