Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Magthidon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Sep 2016, 12:42 am

After searching for months, I finally found someone that would hire me, despite my checkered past. I got my job about a month ago and every day I'm thankful for having it.

I found work at a call center, a nightmare for someone on the spectrum, but my call center works for Apple. It's a lot less strict than some of the other call center companies out there. I used to be *TERRIFIED* to go in to work, knowing that I'd have to talk to people all day. It was so upsetting to the point where I didn't want to show up at all. But once I was there and actually doing the work, I didn't really mind so much. That still didn't stop me from freaking out the next day about having to go in to work.

Now, I've managed to relax a bit and am not as anxious any more. It's really not that difficult of a job to do and the pay is really good for what it is. I'm so glad that I got this job and that Apple allows felons to work for them. It's just so wonderful to be able to have this second chance at life and I'm hoping that this allows good future jobs since I've now got my foot in the door.

LiveSimplyDude
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Sep 2016, 1:44 am

good for you, bro! did Apple know you were on the spectrum?

Fawlty

20 Sep 2016, 2:28 pm

That is good news. Congratulations!

CatLady53

20 Sep 2016, 3:11 pm

Magthidon wrote:
After searching for months, I finally found someone that would hire me, despite my checkered past. I got my job about a month ago and every day I'm thankful for having it.

I found work at a call center, a nightmare for someone on the spectrum, but my call center works for Apple. It's a lot less strict than some of the other call center companies out there. I used to be *TERRIFIED* to go in to work, knowing that I'd have to talk to people all day. It was so upsetting to the point where I didn't want to show up at all. But once I was there and actually doing the work, I didn't really mind so much. That still didn't stop me from freaking out the next day about having to go in to work.

Now, I've managed to relax a bit and am not as anxious any more. It's really not that difficult of a job to do and the pay is really good for what it is. I'm so glad that I got this job and that Apple allows felons to work for them. It's just so wonderful to be able to have this second chance at life and I'm hoping that this allows good future jobs since I've now got my foot in the door.

Congrats! You have accomplished something that many NTs dream of, getting their foot in at one of the most coveted employers on the planet. Just take it one day at a time, I am rooting for you :D

Magthidon

24 Sep 2016, 11:55 pm

LiveSimplyDude wrote:
good for you, bro! did Apple know you were on the spectrum?

Hell no! And I will die before they find out my secret! Sounds like a quick way to get booted from a call center.