Page 2 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ub3r
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Dec 2004, 11:58 am

As long as it's related to computers, I'm happy, it can be programming, or network administration, or anything like that.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2005, 8:30 am

The best job I can think of would be to hand out $100 bills to people for some wealthy benefactor.

Rakkety_Tamm
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2005, 8:46 pm

dream job, gotta be Jazz musician

staceyv
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jan 2005, 8:04 am

My dream job would be playing the drums for money. I could settle for guitar...Being a writer wouldn't be too bad, and if I could make myself actually finish college, accountant seems to fit my personality. I would also like to teach english as a second language.

Young_fogey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jan 2005, 11:27 am

I have something fairly close to my dream job. I am a copy editor (sub-editor to the Brits, Aussies, Kiwis et al. here)! Have been for 10 years. I say close but not exactly (nothing's perfect) because socially it's disappointing (being invisible and the cliquishness around me) but I know from experience it could be a lot worse.

An ideal job for me is a safe place, related to my skills and interests and social without being threatening, a niche job where I'm doted upon/protected.

Had something similar at a seminary library for a year and a half but it didn't pay enough. I was safe in my corner with lots of books about my interests and it was fairly social at the same time. (Even got my first real - and best - girlfriend there.) Tried to be more normal and switched to another library but that completely backfired - they fired me in three months. The differences were the job had nothing to do with my interest (I was trying to be normal after all), I had nothing in common with the people in that office and I had zero privacy - disaster. The bosses were evil - basically they harassed me out of there because they were reacting badly to the AS. Chain reaction: I reacted badly, the bosses reacted to my reaction, etc.

So beware - be aware. Even safe-looking choices like libraries aren't necessarily safe.

I can do and have done more than I'm doing now - driving around interviewing people and writing feature articles about them.

A dream version of that would be to shadow some celebrity like that to ghostwrite his autobiography. Sampling the good life and getting paid for it!

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2005, 8:09 pm

An act-orrr, luvvy..... :wink: Failing that, guitarist (except I don't have the hands for it.... curse my sloppy motor skills :evil:).

Jonny
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Feb 2005, 6:57 pm

1) Movie auteur - would like to write, script and direct my own movies.

2) Actor - or act out my fantasies :D

3) Rock band - i play the guitar and will be looking to form a band in near future, whether i can make any money from it .... well i dunno.

4) Musical composer - for movies, games etc

Jetson
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2005, 7:57 am

When I was in high school back in 1980-83 there was a computer program called "Choices" that would ask you a series of questions about your personality, goals, likes and dislikes and stop when it had reduced your suggested occupation list to ten or less. When I did it the #1 result was "oyster farmer", and #2 was computer programmer. I think oyster farmer was an anomaly because it came up in a lot of people's lists. I did go into the computer programming business for a while, then switched to an aviation job where I eventually established myself as the resident computer geek. Now I manage lists of aviation data (among other things) for a living.

Archmage: Assuming your AS is mild enough to get past the aviation medical requirements, there's nothing stopping you. I got my private pilot's license in 1989 and became an accredited weather observer in 1992. Getting a commercial license and atmospheric sciences degree would be a lot of extra work but people do stuff like that all the time.

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2005, 1:30 pm

huh? when i was young i always dreamed of playing for the Bulls. I think that would be it.
A

theSPECTRE
Toucan
Toucan

04 Mar 2005, 12:24 am

my dream job would be too work for the government programming, pretty much anything to do with computers

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2005, 11:05 pm

My dream job would be to be a homemaker. Thankfully, that's probably what I'll end up being!!

berta
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2005, 5:52 am

I always wanted to be either a writer, director, painter, illustrator, fashion designer or photographer.

MichaelKnight
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2005, 7:44 am

filmmaker / entrepreneur

JayShaw
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Mar 2005, 7:36 pm

If being retired and comfortable qualifies as a dream job, count me in for that one.

nocturn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Apr 2005, 6:07 am

JayShaw wrote:
If being retired and comfortable qualifies as a dream job, count me in for that one.

I'd go for that one too. I'm basicly so sick of working...

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2005, 10:41 pm

-I don't how much it pays, but if it payed good I'd like to be a professional Tubist (Tuba player). I consider myself good at it compared to others I've met.

-Actor (Musicals mostly)

-Be in a band

-Chef

-Writer