Page 2 of 7 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

anarchybovine
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Oct 2012, 11:47 am

I want to teach acting at a university. I won't be getting paid as much as, say, a lawyer, but I would have flexible hours to pursue acting related things. Plus, being a college professor is one of the most respected professions in America.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 4:53 pm

melmaclorelai wrote:
Anything relatively easy that doesn't require much social interaction would be an ideal job for me. It would also be great if I could do it at night - I'm a complete night owl. I'd go to bed at 5 or 6 am every night if I could.

A night watchman might fit that bill. I know a couple of people who are night watchmen in feedlots. Most nights, they just drive around slowly and watch.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 12:13 am

FMX wrote:
Preferably something that changes the world. Preferably for the better.

Haha, preferably?

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 5:41 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
FMX wrote:
Preferably something that changes the world. Preferably for the better.

Haha, preferably?

Hey, changing the world at all is hard enough! It's not a precise science. :) Just look at Facebook. Has it changed the world? Undoubtedly. Was it for the better? I'm not sure. But I'd still feel pretty good if I was the one who created it.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 6:04 am

Something where people actually communicate and tell me what they want. I'm organised and always feel like I'm chasing people up, which infuriates me, when it's them that wants a particular task done in the first place. I've got to the point where if they don't care enough to give me input they can't want it done that badly.

Kiseki94
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Nov 2012, 9:46 am

I really want to be a research chemist. Obviously, I'm a freshman in college majoring in chemistry.

InTheDeepEnd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Nov 2012, 2:57 pm

Linguist. Researcher. I'm looking at being an archivist right now. I think that might be my dream job if it's really what I think it's like.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 11:30 pm

independently wealthy philanthropist would be the ultimate dream job. to be able to travel around the world and lend financial support to worthy causes helping humankind.

melmaclorelai
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Nov 2012, 1:50 am

eric76 wrote:
melmaclorelai wrote:
Anything relatively easy that doesn't require much social interaction would be an ideal job for me. It would also be great if I could do it at night - I'm a complete night owl. I'd go to bed at 5 or 6 am every night if I could.

A night watchman might fit that bill. I know a couple of people who are night watchmen in feedlots. Most nights, they just drive around slowly and watch.

That definitely sounds like something I could do and even enjoy. But I don't think I've ever seen an advertisement for it.

DoniiMann
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 5:59 am

I get depressed every time I think of dream jobs. I thought of trying to become a martial arts teacher, but recently got diagnosed with parkinson's. There's no university near here offering complete courses. I don't want to work in dairies or factories. I could get into crafts, but couldn't make a living at it.

Bugger, now I'm depressed again.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 11:16 am

Today I got a little upset today thinking about what could have been. I SHOULD have been the ideal traffic engineer as I, to put it bluntly am an expert in traffic patterns and when I see the local authorities make the same mistakes over and over it infuriates me. Even as I child I drew city networks that were not only superior but also cheaper and easier on the environment and the more I examine them the more I'm amazed I came up with them. If only I could have gotten anyone to listen to me and take me seriously back in the day. :(

I was destined for greatness, but I let a mob of junior high punks tell me my dreams were worthless and I believed them.

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 4:40 pm

My dream job is any work that is somewhat of challenge to a big challenge (but do-able). Also it must be a job that I feel comfortable going to and not dread the social issues with co-workers. Also playing politics is a low priority at this dream job. 8)

Salome
Toucan
Toucan

03 Nov 2012, 10:51 am

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
Today I got a little upset today thinking about what could have been. I SHOULD have been the ideal traffic engineer as I, to put it bluntly am an expert in traffic patterns and when I see the local authorities make the same mistakes over and over it infuriates me. Even as I child I drew city networks that were not only superior but also cheaper and easier on the environment and the more I examine them the more I'm amazed I came up with them. If only I could have gotten anyone to listen to me and take me seriously back in the day. :(

I was destined for greatness, but I let a mob of junior high punks tell me my dreams were worthless and I believed them.

You're only 29 so you can still do it!

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 4:14 pm

I would love to be a cricketer and represent my country which is England.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 6:51 pm

To own an animal rescue farm - alpaca, sheep, pigs, cows, horses . . . I could go on with this forever.

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 9:27 pm

I would like to return to doing commercial photography, although it would be nice to partner with someone who liked the social/business side of the work. Architecture, product and even some portraiture would be a lot of fun so long as I didn't always have to be the one to drum up the business. I'd prefer shooting for books since they are a bit more permanent than magazines, but anything that provides an outlet for creative work would be swell.