Page 2 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Gazz85
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Mar 2008, 3:18 am

I Drive, and I wouldn't give it up for the world. best thing I ever learned to do. Would like to to learn to drive a motorcycle now that is my next aim.

pinkbowtiepumps
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 3:35 pm

I drive, but I had a lot of trouble getting my license. My driver's ed teacher was seemed rather insane, and every time I went with her to take the test I failed from nerves. The second I went on my own, there were absolutely no problems, and I got my license fairly easily.

Driving isn't too bad, though the fact that I can't read street signs from a distance stressed me out for a while - luckily, I got glasses to fix this (they also help me to relax). I also have a horrible sense of direction, so a GPS system is amazing for that. I think that a lot of problems you can experience with driving can be fixed. If you really want to learn, don't give up!

chrismjoyce
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Mar 2008, 5:00 pm

I am driving, passed my test last year one of the best feelings had for a long time. Got my own car its great, have to admit that i was nervous when i first started in the end i kept going at it and feel confident enough to go where i want to go in the car when turning the key.

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 5:47 pm

I drive, and I like driving... as detailed previously. I got my license after numerous failings.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 5:52 pm

yes I drive :roll:

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 9:07 am

I drive with no problem.

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 10:53 am

I drive. I got my license at 18, bought my first and so far only car at 19(In 1998 before my 20th birthday). I've a fair share of bumps, got into around 5 accidents, nothing major, no one was hurt, just dents in the car really. The hardest and scariest thing for me was learning to safely merge onto a highway and merging coming off of a highway. I haven't been in an accident or got a ticket for anything in around 5 years *knock on wood*. :D

I like driving on clear roads. I'm not a fan of rush hour with lots of cars and congestion etc. Lots of cars on the road make me a bit nervous.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2008, 10:53 pm

I bloody well Love to drive ! !

Got my license as soon as I could, and have been at it ever since ! !

I recently got my wish, and drove a Ferrari ! !!

Driving is one of life's great thrills ! !!

soljaboi51
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Mar 2008, 1:23 am

I got my license three months after my 16th birthday, which is the soonest i couldve cuz i didnt get my permit till i was about 15 and 3 quarters, but that was out of my own laziness

im in 10th grade and most kids still dont have a license, but thats probobly cuz im fairly old for my grade, although plenty of kids in my grade are older than me

i now drive to school cuz i hate the bus, all the noise of the middle school kids who rode the bus with me and all the years of harassment i faced on it is finally gone

driving to school feels so great

i failed the test the first time cuz the tester was an as*hole and made me nervous

i got to retake the test 2 weeks later, which i passed, parallel parking was the only thing i screwed up on

curiouslittleboy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Mar 2008, 3:38 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
I don't drive, for the reasons above...also I am terrified...behind the wheel, i go into complete sensory overload...there are too many things to pay attention to at once...

I'm currently finishing up Driver Ed...just had my last of my four sessions with my instructor today...and I will say...that...Yes, I am the same way..HOWEVER, I can adjust to it...it does get tiresome (especially when you don't practice ><). And...well..put another way..yeah..I do feel yah...Thank God his side has a brake pedal, or 3/4 times, I wouldn't have come home. O.o

V001
Toucan
Toucan

31 Mar 2008, 9:00 pm

Yes i drive. But only cars with automagic tramsmissons. And my present job is as a delivery driver. Did take longer to learn. Some of the time i get annoyed with slower drivers. The ones that go 5 under the speed limit with no other cars in the way :? can not stand that for too long.

weather1man
Toucan
Toucan

31 Mar 2008, 9:34 pm

Of course I drive.

01 Apr 2008, 12:26 am

I drive here. My parents got me a car after I graduated. I think I can afford a new car because I see advertisements about new cars like $199 a month. I can afford that as long as I am living with someone in my apartment.
I don't drive as much though ever since I have moved to Portland because of public transportation, gas is expensive. I get nervous when I have to drive anyway because I was in a wreck just this past fall but luckily I wasn't at fault. But if I want to leave town, then I'd need a car. I'd rather drive than fly or take a train or bus. I can do things in my own time frame and stop anywhere I want. If I want to go real long distance like down to LA, then I'd fly.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 7:21 pm

I don't drive because I am terrified to do so. Sometimes when I am in the car, I go catatonic and freeze. That wouldn't be good for driving. I have a hard time paying attention to things that are going on around me. I might not notice things. I don't think I would make a good driver. I also have DID on top of the many other things that I have. So, I might switch personalities when I drive. You wouldn't let a 2 year old drive, would you?

Katou
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Apr 2008, 9:03 am

I learned to drive when I was 16.. I can drive both manual and automatic-transmission equipped cars!

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 1:59 pm

Katou wrote:
I learned to drive when I was 16.. I can drive both manual and automatic-transmission equipped cars!

I wish I could drive manual. When I was first learning doing stick and clutch was too hard, but I could probably learn it now. I'll have to make that a goal or something.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History