Page 3 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2005, 11:19 pm

My first choice would have been to play the Sousapone in the U.S. Marines Maring Band.

Next choices would be computer forecics or electronic intelligence/counterterrorism.

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2005, 10:31 am

Dream job?

Sit around and make spaceships and exotic vehicles in CAD all day!

Maybe I'll apply at dreamworks?

pizzaboss
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2005, 12:55 pm

Be a Video Games Tester or work for The Price is Right. But will never happen, only in my dreams.

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2005, 11:49 am

The perfect job for me would be a lab technician, but my dream job would be something in the lines of archeology or astronomy.

ISavant
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jul 2005, 9:59 pm

Mine would be a private investigator, and that's what I'm hoping to wind up doing. Once I get my COA (I can't for the life of me remember what that stands for, it's just blanked) and am able to get my PI licence.

nirrti_1
Raven
Raven

03 Jul 2005, 10:20 pm

If I could have any job in the world regardless of my credentials, I would be an commercial airline pilot based in Australia (Airlines in the US lay off people too much) or a military pilot for the stealth bomber and other fighter jets. Of course, my slow reflexes and decision making abilities make that as probable as me being heavyweight boxing champion. :lol:

What I hope I can do is have my own interior design business "tricking out" people's homes. I would also author books about decorating and have my own decor line. In addition, I would design a line of clothing on the side. Mine would be different from others as I wouldn't rely on some contrived fashion trends dictate how I design. The clothing would be timeless and in esquisite taste, never going out of style.

NBEAP
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Aug 2005, 5:03 pm

a singer
but not pop..
classic :oops:

msitua
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Aug 2005, 11:29 am

My dreamjob would be to make weather measurements and to do statistical analysis of the data.

I want to work with numbers! I study math and probability on my own in my home and hopefully in the future do an exam.

EvilWalks
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Aug 2005, 9:52 pm

Mine is:
A luthier, which I can learn here:
http://www.roberto-venn.com

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2005, 10:07 pm

Probably to work with NASA in some capacity. There's probably less than 1% chance of that happening, but with these space commerce companies starting to crop up and probably going to be operational in the next decade or two, I might have some chance working for them. I like my heat transfer & thermodynamics classes so maybe if I go through grad school I could do some work in the propulsion/rocket sector

tokaia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Aug 2005, 12:08 am

My dream job is to own my own successful pet store. Or a chain of them, where I could be the head of corporate and call all the shots. Those animals would NOT be mistreated in my store(s). If I owned my own store, I could hand out elaborate caresheets to try to ensure the animal has a good home. Little kids would NOT be allowed to buy animals. 16 years and up only. Otherwise, the parents must purchase them. If I thought for any reason that they would not care for that animal as it needs to be cared for, I would refuse to sell animals to them.

Of course, I would encourage adoption of an animal first, as there are plenty who need homes. Its still beyond me why people buy puppies and kittens at pet stores that come from such questionable places as puppy and kitten mills. Its so easy to get one from an animal shelter. There's enough of them there, and no lack of variety.

MovieMogul
Toucan
Toucan

26 Aug 2005, 8:07 am

vetivert wrote:
Empress of the Known Universe, of course.

oh, sorry , i forgot - already am.

V

I claim the job of Emperor of all territory not owned by Vetivert. Much more unknown universe than there is known. 8)

In all seriousness, I'd like to be a filmmaker in Hollywood with final cut rights. That means the studio can't legally touch my film if they don't approve... basically be Spielberg.

Not exactly a high bar, I think.

http://actionman133.isa-geek.net:8080/

irishmic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Aug 2005, 3:51 am

I would like to be an enlightened Guru, a Bard, or a wizard

Short of that, a Special Ed Teacher and a Psychologist working with
other people with Autism, Aspergers and their loved ones.
I would like to help all of us all live more productive and joyful lives.

sleepflower
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Aug 2005, 7:12 am

I'd like to be a writer...just staying at home all day, writing novels. Sounds like a dream job to me.

EaglesRNo1
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Aug 2005, 5:00 pm

Eagles' play-by-play announcer 8)

MovieMogul
Toucan
Toucan

30 Aug 2005, 5:44 pm

EaglesRNo1 wrote:
Eagles' play-by-play announcer 8)

Sa-weet!