Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 9:33 pm

Stig.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2012, 1:48 am

This was too fun of a thread to let die!

*bump*

LizNY
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Nov 2012, 2:56 pm

Yes it is! = )

I would love to write and train horses full time. Two things I currently do part time around my full time office job.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2012, 5:16 pm

My childhood dream job? Film critic.

My website project? Publishing my film reviews on the Internet. I won't get paid for it, but hey, there's nothing wrong with turning a childhood dream into an hobby as an adult. The site is going to launch in February, and it will be awesome. :)

Redders
Raven
Raven

29 Nov 2012, 8:59 am

Being that guy that everyone wakes up to on BBC Radio 1. Or Radio 2. Either way the dream would be to present the Breakfast show for either of these stations.

Given that would be a miracle to achieve, my hopes would be in reaching a presenting slot on any nation-wide station in the UK. My realistic aim though is just to be involved in the media industry (preferably radio, surprise surprise) in any way shape or form. Just doing something that I love.

I'm only doing voluntary work at a community radio station currently, but given I've got a weekly slot, I'm not complaining. I'm doing what I love to do.

351Boss
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Dec 2012, 5:31 pm

Well, I have one of my goals achieved under the 'dream job' category.
I'm self employed business owner in the a hard to title 'Equestrian' sector. There really is no name to my job but I look after other people's horses and also provide horse drawn carriage hire for weddings, funerals and other occasions.

What I would like to do and am now striving for is to be a 'best selling' author because eventually I won't be able to keep up my current dream job physically when I get too old and decrepit.
Step one is complete, I managed to get a fiction book published hence the foot is in the door, now I need to follow through and keep writing until something hits a nerve in the right circles, I have six stories on the go at once!! ! My mind is a little busy ATM but I have time for now.

I might be a little unorthodox (Ha!!) in that I'm living my dream, BUT I guess the moral is that if you put serious plans into action, it just might be achievable and anyone can live their dream too. It won't happen overnight... my plan is in it's fifteenth year now but I'm there and proof it can happen if you pull your finger out.

kinako3
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Dec 2012, 6:34 pm

Shoulder angel sez: where I am now, a deep-tissue bodyworker... :)

I've worked in a lot of jobs, as my aspie traits and comorbidity with BPD torched many of them. Been in everything from cubicles with backaches and eye strain with Adobe Illustrator, to under espresso machines adjusting product to epiphany-quality, to wrenching on motorcycles that could top 190 mph. But none of them match up to how fulfilling working on peoples' aches and pains are. I see immediate results and often permanent ones, avoided clients resorting to marring and restricting surgery, and allowed people to return to their dreams. Can't beat it... and I have a knack for it as well, which is the sweetest irony of all. Only drawback, is the pay is rough for the first couple of years until your clientele is established in the community.

Shoulder devil sez: Stig, definitely, singularly :twisted:

Roadraced motorcycles and have loved fast cars since childhood. If I could drive for money in any racing series that turned both right and left every race... I'd be there in a heartbeat. To do nothing but fling cars around an airfield as fast as possible... and get paid vast sums of dosh to do it... that's a dream job. Not a responsible one, but it's there. :P

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 11:59 am

Maybe own a takeover company that takeover undervalued companies. (eventually) Also, I would like to maybe start some web companies, but at the current moment I need to learn php and a little design sense (but that is doable). And I would use that money for helping poor communities become more entrepreneurial. Now in the interim , I am going to college and getting an Econ degree, as well as running as site on Asperger's. So midterm I would like to do some more internet marketing. Long term, maybe some bigger projects.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 1:46 pm

Ah, for the hell of it.

1. Sniper
2. Intelligence analyst
3. Assassin

vk2goh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Dec 2012, 1:51 am

I'd like one day to open my own television or radio station, broadcasting something
that people can learn off rather than the crap I hear or see most of the time.

I've got a major in telecommunications engineering, plus almost 2 years of working in a local
radio station, so it's something I could definitely achieve.

But atm Im studying to become a teacher, cause Australia has a narrow job market in the broadcasting industry.

raptor16
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Dec 2012, 11:42 am

Unrealistic: Founder of the next Apple or Lockheed Martin

Realistic: Physicist or Pilot

I'm probably going to get talked out of my dream job, though.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 6:38 pm

BlueMax wrote:
This was too fun of a thread to let die!

*bump*

Believe it or not I was thinking this just today, after hearing the voice actors for the Kane and Lynch franchise (a video game) where bitching and moaning their "artistic integrity" was being comprised with the characters, they even go on to say what a(exact words) a turd burger of a franchise it is :lol: , laugh cause I'm amazed they could be so open about their annoyances , secondly it's my fave franchise of all time :D I think it may be true what they say about Danish humor ( dark and twisted) (It's made by lo interactive Denmark.

Check it, out not sure what the problem is :?

IChris
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Dec 2012, 7:01 pm

Work with research and be a lecturer.

SQ: 52.0

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 7:08 pm

Slaughterhouse worker

(just checking if your reading )

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 8:34 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
Slaughterhouse worker

(just checking if your reading )

Lol

My list goes:
Data analyst
Paleontologist
Archaeologist.

And my dream job I wanted since I was a little girl was pit musician for an international ballet company. 1 too many injuries mean this will never be reality. I did get to perform in a symphony orchestra performing Wagner....sigh

LucindaClown
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jan 2013, 10:15 pm

I'm starting to think about slowly working towards becoming a medical records clerk. And if I wanted, I could eventually do that from home, but I dunno if I still like the idea of working from home. I gotta do a lot of working-from-work (lol) before I can make that happen anyway, so I guess I'll just have to decide if it's for me once I'm in a job where it's possible.