Page 5 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

3point1four
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2013, 12:45 am

I work in an academic library. My only other real job was working for a member of Congress in Washington, DC after university for a couple of years. Other than that, I just did clerical and receptionist summer jobs.

DamienScott
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 May 2013, 5:21 am

I'm currently a Line Leader at FedEx Express (airport). It's only 12 hours a week at $12.25/hr+ apparently awesome benefits but it's my first real job. I would love to get started on YouTube or streaming video games to make some extra income or even one day be able to live off of it. If anything it would be an outlet for my musical and written creativity. I just ordered a 720p webcam to start off with and see how it goes.

How do you save the world when the world doesn't want to be saved?

Smallie
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 May 2013, 7:57 am

I am currently an elementary teacher/ esl teacher/ literacy teacher at an after school academy. I live outside of my home country ( my first time) and the students are learning english. I teach kids of various levels and ages but mostly younger children. I also teach kindergarten which I find to be one of the most draining and difficult jobs i've ever had.

Currently I work about 40 hours a week. I know it's not an extreme amount but I feel so drained most of the time that I sometimes pass out after work. I have about 5 classes a day with a 10 minute break between each. It's not enough time. I often feel like an hour between my classes would be ideal. Not only to prepare but also to recoup.

There are little things during he day that add up. Kids scratching on desks, people constantly around me in the classroom, yelling children. I often get home and shut the world out by watching my favorite episodes of shows over and over.

I am also the esl program manager and curriculum writer at my school. I've been given the task of creating lessons, activities and marking schemes for all the other teachers.
I think I'm beginning to burn out...

Last edited by Smallie on 17 May 2013, 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smallie
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 May 2013, 7:59 am

Oh my! There are so many mistakes in my post! I apologize, I hate reading other people grammatical mistakes!

PrncssAlay
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2013, 8:09 am

Smallie wrote:
Oh my! There are so many mistakes in my post! I apologize, I hate reading other people grammatical mistakes!

Do you know that you can edit your posts for about two days after they have been posted? Look in the upper right corner of the post for the "edit" button. :)

Smallie
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 May 2013, 8:56 am

thanks very much!

GCAspies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 May 2013, 12:13 pm

Current occupations are (1) delivery person for part-time position in which I am paid and (2) volunteer executive director for my organization which is totally unpaid. Future occupation will be as an accountant.

The mission of GCA Centre for Adult Autism:
"Empowering the lives of autistic adults and young adults and their parents/caregivers by serving as a resource center to provide mutual support, information, and activities" in the Southeast USA
http://www.gcaspies.org

2nd Annual Southeast Adult Autism Symposium
- Early Bird online registration starts in late March 2018
- More information can be found at http://www.gcaspies.org/symposiumhomepage

Forkliftoperator
Raven
Raven

19 May 2013, 1:08 am

Shipping and Receiving-parts

angelbee
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 May 2013, 8:06 am

I am always drained after work. If someone visits my home when I get home I snap at them and have a short fuse. I need my routine and I can begin to relax. I just want to be left alone to get myself back but neurotypicals don't understand that.

RaspberryFrosty
Toucan
Toucan

26 May 2013, 5:17 pm

As of right now I'm a college student but before I graduated from high school, I worked in grocery and fast food. If you're someone with NLD I would not recommend working in either one of those fields.

I'm going for my degree in criminal justice but I really want to be a legal assistant or a paralegal. To elaborate further, any career where I don't have to socialize that often would be great.

Forkliftoperator
Raven
Raven

26 May 2013, 8:10 pm

I have my legal assistant diploma. I did ok on my practicum with the work but the social aspect was hard. I like my shipping and receiving job way better. I work at a heavy duty truck dealership in parts doing the warehousing and such. I work alone most of the time and am allowed to play music. I enjoy it there.

OwlBeThere

30 May 2013, 9:58 pm

Paralegal.
I am new to the field as I just graduated. I don't relish the thought of representing people in court so I am expanding my job search to include desk jobs and legal departments. It's a cut-throat field and I'm not sure I like that.
My true passion is Geography!

asdfor3

04 Oct 2014, 4:07 am

bringing back an old question

Owner manager of 3 Group Homes

I house a total of 12 people in 3 homes all with traumatic brain injury that leave each of them very volatile, so order is the one thing they need most and its why I am good at my job. I come in with no emotions, no feelings to get hurt , and settle everything down while at the same time enforcing the rules of the house. I also demand respect from my staff to my clients above all else , they deserve it.

downbutnotout
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2014, 11:41 pm

I currently work as a peer tutor on campus, but want to be doing IT work. I often wind up helping with software, websites, and Chromebooks, anyway. Great for if people want things done quickly, not for if they need a lot of encouragement.

I've also started making a little money off writing here and there, but not much. I don't really like sticking to a schedule for it, but it can be done in my spare time and I work from home (or wherever).

Wafflemarine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Oct 2014, 12:30 am

I work at ups and move boxes. It pays decently for a part time job but has really no enjoyment. I got crazy good health benefits from it because of union. Full family coverage but I plan on graduating college and getting a real job.

kirayng
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2014, 12:03 pm

Currently work as a steward at a casual fine dining restaurant. It suits me but I hate washing dishes and somewhat dislike cleaning even though I'm good at it. The part I like is receiving deliveries, changing over inventory and keeping tabs on things in the kitchen to let my chef know when we're low on things, etc.

I went to culinary school to be a chef... however the social aspect of that job still requires more than I have even after many years of working amongst NTs.