Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Have you slept or spent the night in the office?
Yes, and I have to/would do so again 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
Yes, and I don't wanna do it again 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
No, but looking forward to it 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 11

theimperiousdork
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 1:24 pm

Has anyone of you slept in the workplace? (And I mean, stayed in the office for the night--I'm not talking about sleeping during work. :P )

I had slept in our office about four times now. (And two days from now, I'll sleep again.) I had to, since it's Holy Week, and transportation is sparse these days. Thanks for the sleeping quarters in our office. Even my fellow agents stay here and treat it like home. Hahaha.

Moving forward, does anyone here have a similar experience? Kindly share it with us, if you may. Thanks!

kc8ufv
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 1:38 pm

Almost did twice. Both times were snowstorms and call centers. First time was when I worked across town from where I lived, and we were just about snowed in. Ended up driving home, after letting the plows work for a while. Second time, I found a hotel nearby, as I worked about 60 miles from home, the roads just kept getting worse and worse. Normally only took me about an hour to get to/from work, it took me 45 minutes to get to the hotel I ended up staying at about 4 miles from work. I had to work the next day, and had I gone home, I wouldn't have legally been able to get there, as where I lived was under a level 3 snow emergency in the morning, meaning it was illegal for anyone except emergency vehicles, and critical infrastructure employees (health care, electricity, telephone repair) workers to drive on the roads.

Marsian
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Apr 2010, 3:40 pm

I have slept whilst I was meant to be working though several times :D

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 3:45 pm

"fellow agents"? Hmmm... avatar is "D"...

AHA! I know your secret now, man! You're one of the Men in Black! Hey, could I get one of those cool flashy eye-test/memory things? I've already got some shades.

Say "Hi" to Frank for me! He's my favorite.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 6:26 pm

The office next door has a day bed. I've used it. If I have to, I'd do it again. Prefer my own bed, though.

Merle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2010, 6:29 pm

Happens a lot in startups in the Silicon Valley (or at least did). The area under cubicles is pretty nice (you're enclosed), quiet and dark. You can avoid a lot of questions because most people don't peek too much. Buy a sleeping bag and bring a pillow though (I keep one in the car w/ an inflatable pillow).