Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

SweetKiti
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Aug 2006, 4:37 pm

Looking for very general relocation advice for an Aspie - living away from home for the first time & managing to make vocational and social connections while learning a new job - Thanks!

alex
Developer
Developer

18 Aug 2006, 5:05 pm

SweetKiti wrote:
Looking for very general relocation advice for an Aspie - living away from home for the first time & managing to make vocational and social connections while learning a new job - Thanks!

Don't let relocation bother you too much. Look at it as an opportunity to start afresh and explore a cool new area.

Have you found a job yet? Also, if you don't mind me asking, where are you moving?

SweetKiti
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Aug 2006, 5:19 pm

alex wrote:
Have you found a job yet? Also, if you don't mind me asking, where are you moving?

I graduate college in December, and I am considering Americorps after that.

alex
Developer
Developer

18 Aug 2006, 5:49 pm

SweetKiti wrote:
alex wrote:

I graduate college in December, and I am considering Americorps after that.

Americorps sounds fun. It must be exciting and scary to only have one semester of college left. What are you majoring in?

pineapple
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2006, 10:14 pm

SweetKiti wrote:

I'm in the same situation right now...good luck! I think Americorps is really good if you're not sure what you want to do (or if you're into non-profit work as a job). In order to give relevant advice we may need more details... :)

waterdogs
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2006, 5:19 pm

i tried moving several times in my life and always seem to migrate back to where i am now.