Pre-screen job assessment.. "working memory" test

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

camelia
Raven
Raven

06 Nov 2011, 8:49 am

I got a lead on a new day job with a company. The initial phone interview went OK I think. The company sent me to an online assessment site (ondemandassessment.com) for some tests. I though they were going to test my knowledge of scripting languages & databases. WRONG.

The tests were cognitive. Did not expect this. I think I did OK on most of the subtests, except for two sections that were identified as "two back tests". They show a series of numbers and you have to identify whether the currently displayed number is identical to the number two places previously. I do not know my actual score but am quite sure I failed these two sections horribly. I just couldn't get my mind to think or remember what I was seeing. Anxiety went through the roof (it was already high from not expecting the nature of the assessment in general).

Wondering if I just screwed myself out of this possible job opportunity. Impossible to answer here I know.. does anyone else have issues with these kinds of tests (the two or even three back tests)?

camelia
Raven
Raven

06 Nov 2011, 6:46 pm

Sorry I suck at threat titles. Anyone else have issues with short term memory retention?

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 7:06 pm

Yes. I wish they didn't rely on those kinds of tests so much. They probably pass over a lot qualified people just because they don't test well.