Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

clthomps
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jan 2012, 4:46 pm

I am filling out job applications for federal positions and wondered if it counts.

DJRAVEN66
Raven
Raven

25 Jan 2012, 6:12 pm

hear is a link you can check out. http://www.opm.gov/disability/peoplewit ... lities.asp

clthomps
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jan 2012, 11:42 pm

I read it, as far as I can tell it it comes down to semantics on whether or not AS is a Psychiatric Disability.

any help?

perpetualconfusion
Raven
Raven

09 Feb 2012, 12:31 am

clthomps,
Looks to me like it's not. Just typical gov't agency policy. Lots of redundancy....

Excerpt from the OPM link above:

"This certification of job readiness may be obtained from the same individuals that provided the proof of disability. The certification may be on the same documentation as the proof of disability or it may be a separate document.

In situations where an individual has the proof of disability documentation, but not the certification of job readiness, hiring agencies have the discretion to place an individual on a temporary appointment under Schedule A (5 C.F.R. 213.3102(u)) to determine an individual's job readiness.

Does this clarify anything for you ?