I made myself anxious over an interview

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 2:08 pm

I had a terrible time because I was offered an interview. The interview was offered by an agent and he gave me only 1 days notice and the interview was at 9AM in a place which was awkward to get to.

I woke up in the night with lots of worries about getting there and what I would say and how I would answer questions etc that I did not sleep the rest of the night. So I did not go to the interview.

I could not believe how wound up I got and feel terrible now.

I think it was the short notice that did it because I knew I wasn't prepared.

Then the agent went mad at me when I called him to tell him why I didn't turn up for the job interview.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 2:50 pm

Probably not meant to be then. One day's notice is not enough to really prepare.

WrongWay
Toucan
Toucan

21 Mar 2013, 11:13 am

Yeah 1 day notice is rather harsh but it happens sometimes as the interviewer might not have other convenient times or they just want to get a candidate selected quickly. I think next time start preparing before you even get invited (with a focus on general questions as they apply for any interview you go to). That way by the time you've been invited all you need to do is focus on the specific questions that particular firm might ask you (eg. what you know about the company), and briefly review your general questions if necessary.