Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Deb1970
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2014, 9:42 pm

Has anyone experienced being bullied in the work place? I have worked for a company for 13.8 yrs and I have been harassed and bullied by many of my mangers and my peers. I just today talked to my new manger about a co worker in the same position as I am. She is constantly over stepping me and not allowing me to do my job. At times I need to direct others. She will not let me do this. She starts 15 minutes earlier then I and has already made all the major decisions for the day. Instead of waiting until I get there and discuss it with me or allow me to do my job when I'm assigned to operate the floor, She tells me she is a control freak and that she will never change. She also treats many of the upper management this way. She said that upper management has never said she is overstepping them. Because of this her decisions are the correct decisions even if I don't agree with them. I told my manager about this and she told me it was my fault and that I needed to say something to her every time she does this. I have done this in the past and she made me miserable. She was angry all the time and would say mean things about me to my face. She would ignore me and was not willing to work with me. I did not like this so I started letting her make all the decisions and basically gave up. Instead of my manager believing me, she is accusing me. The woman is bullying me and no one cares and instead says its my problem. I hate my job!! ! It is always my fault and I'm always the problem.

I also work at Walmart and a customer called and put a compliant against me because I allowed someone to go in front of her because I had to suspend a transaction so a customer could go to her car and get her debit card. I told the lady what had happened and why the other lady was being helped first and she did not understand. She was a self centered old bitter woman and choose to make a complaint over something stupid. Worse things have happened then what occurred with her and no one has ever put in a complaint against me, I have worked at Walmart for 8 months and the only time they decided to talk to me is when someone makes a complaint. They have never said anything nice to me about my job performance. I work hard and working there is extra hard for me due to my sensory problems. Tonight I was close to the doors and the customer services area and everything distracts me really bad at that location. All the noise, I can see all the customers walking in and out the doors. I see the managers walking around at this location. I never do well in this area of the store.

- Edgar Allan Poe -

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2014, 3:53 am

I have experienced bullying in the work place but not in the same way you are. I felt as if I was running a verbal gaunlet every time I went to work; this one person would make all these crude jokes that he knew made me uncomfortable; I tried to make jokes back to get him to stop but he wouldn't. Seeing I didn't like it only encouraged him. A fellow worker said that he didn't know why this other person was doing this but the only way to get him to stop was to find something about him that was worse and joke back. I found out he had been out hunting and had shot someone accidentally. So when the next time I went to work and this person started with his usual barrage of crude jokes I joked back that you had better not go out hunting with this person because he would try and shoot your xxx; the joking he had perpetuated for months stopped immediately.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2014, 12:13 pm

OP you survived a job for 13.8 years thats good. i have been bullied everywhere at home by my mom, elder bro, at work, by relatives,
many times by people whose services i hire.
workplace bullying is really bad they ignore me, dont include me, wont talk with me, wont allow me to work, wont respect my decision,
and lastly speak lies about me behind my back

only advice i can give you is be careful after extensive bullying if you dont leave then they include tactics to remove you