Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

PuzzlePieces1
Raven
Raven

30 Aug 2016, 12:24 pm

This is just a suggestion for some people with AS who may be struggling to make ends meet. I do several side jobs for people as well as online companies in return for gift cards instead of cash. This is 100% completely legal and you do not pay payroll taxes or have to report it on your annual tax return or as part of your income. Legally, it is considered the same as if someone gave you a TV or a piece of furniture. If you buy a lot from certain online stores like Amazon, eBay, Tiger Direct, etc., this can really be helpful in reducing your expenses and helping you preserve your cash for paying bills. It's a great way to make your money stretch a lot farther each month, especially if you are on SSI.

GamingMaestro
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Sep 2016, 6:46 pm

That's actually really neat! Mind sharing what online companies pay like this? (if you are allowed to talk about it of course! :P)

PuzzlePieces1
Raven
Raven

04 Sep 2016, 9:51 pm

GamingMaestro wrote:
That's actually really neat! Mind sharing what online companies pay like this? (if you are allowed to talk about it of course! :P)

I get lots of free gift cards in return for doing surveys for Nielsen with Pinecone Research. They prescreen all surveys before sending them to you, so you won't get kicked out with no pay halfway through like with other survey companies. $3 per completed survey which can be saved up and awarded either as cash or 1:1 gift cards. I always take the gift cards so there's no taxation. If you want to do Pinecone Research, you really have to search around to find a sign-up link, because they make it difficult.

I also get free gift cards for Microsoft Rewards. They give you points for using Bing as your search engine and using the new Microsoft Edge web browser as long as you are logged into your Microsoft account. You can exchange the points for gift cards from Amazon, Starbucks, Burger King or other vendors or turn them in for credit in the Microsoft store.

I do some other companies too, but those are a little more exclusive. In meatspace, I do a side job in exchange for gift cards as well.