Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2024, 8:49 pm

While I was on my way to work after lunch, Lot Attendant Justin had the nerve to ask me "Can y'all help? I ain't doin' yo job." "I just got back from lunch," I told him. Both he and I were calm and not emotional. I felt like he owed me an apology. I've been working nonstop during shifts, unlike some lot attendants that stand around flapping their traps and on the phone. The incident with Justin happened two weeks ago and we haven't talked since then. Thank Buddha, the job does not require that I talk to anyone, the vast majority of the time.

ASM Gabriel had the nerve to bark @ me for leaving the pallet on the cart without stacking the pallet, but the Freight Supervisor had just told me ten seconds earlier that I could leave the cart over there. So the freight supervisor and I told Gabriel that I have a doctor's note that I am not allowed to lift over fifty pounds. I felt like Gabriel owed me an apology, but, as usual, no apology. (rolls eyes). So then a couple weeks later, he just saw me and nodded like "hello", but I already feel uncomfortable around him, b/c if he didn't know what he didn't know, and he wasn't willing to apologize, then I am afraid to find out how he would react in more extreme and unusual and disparate situations, s**t.

f**k my coworkers!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2024, 12:56 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
While I was on my way to work after lunch, Lot Attendant Justin had the nerve to ask me "Can y'all help? I ain't doin' yo job." "I just got back from lunch," I told him. Both he and I were calm and not emotional. I felt like he owed me an apology. I've been working nonstop during shifts, unlike some lot attendants that stand around flapping their traps and on the phone. The incident with Justin happened two weeks ago and we haven't talked since then. Thank Buddha, the job does not require that I talk to anyone, the vast majority of the time.

ASM Gabriel had the nerve to bark @ me for leaving the pallet on the cart without stacking the pallet, but the Freight Supervisor had just told me ten seconds earlier that I could leave the cart over there. So the freight supervisor and I told Gabriel that I have a doctor's note that I am not allowed to lift over fifty pounds. I felt like Gabriel owed me an apology, but, as usual, no apology. (rolls eyes). So then a couple weeks later, he just saw me and nodded like "hello", but I already feel uncomfortable around him, b/c if he didn't know what he didn't know, and he wasn't willing to apologize, then I am afraid to find out how he would react in more extreme and unusual and disparate situations, s**t.

f**k my coworkers!

Well last time I had too much trouble with coworkers I just quit, that was recent and now here I am hoping they'll put my SSI back to the full amount till I find a new job. They probably will but it's still stressful I didn't want to quit the job I feel I was driven out.

But idk if it would be possible for you to start looking for a new job and line something up so you can quit with having another job to go to that is an idea.

I did my best to stay at my job till I found something new but I just could not take it anymore so had to leave before securing something else first.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2024, 2:02 am

Can you try not to take things so personally? This kind of stuff happens.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2024, 11:58 am

You do understand what the common denominator in all of these interpersonal issue you have is?

King Kat 1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2024, 12:26 pm

I've worked in the same place for 19 years; believe me I have people who I have despised for many years. Some less, some more. I have a very photographic and good memory; I'm still pissed about stuff that happened years ago. Some of it I should let go but a couple of people I will hate forever. for the BS they put me through and the lies they told.

At the current time, I have a few that treat me like dirt but are nice to everyone else. I try to not let it get to me but at times it's hard I admit.

I just do my best to remember, I am there to make money and pay my bills, not to please or be buddies with others.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 8:08 pm

bee33 wrote:
Can you try not to take things so personally? This kind of stuff happens.

Tried and failed, as usual.

Justin had the nerve to tell me to push a cluster of carts up front. However, I was the one that pushed the carts over there. There was no great reason why that lil boy just "had" to tell me that.

Next day, he had the nerve to bark my name from the other side of the parking lot and when I got there, he had already gone into the building. There were a lot of shopping carts clustered together.

That annoying lil dipshit acted like *he* was doing all the work and I was not. However, both Friday and Saturday, the self righteous lil ass hole was just sitting around eating (and it wasn't his lunchtime) and loitering around.

Dealing with "different personalities" is a nightmare.

You never know which precious lil "people":

having sex with the boss ("at will" employer)
felony convictions
psychiatric diagnoses
short tempers
guns
gang affiliation
drugs
Buddha knows what else, s**t

all you know is that home depot *does* hire convicted felons.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 8:30 pm

I have a grudge against one former superior for sexual harassment, sexual misconduct and sexual blackmail with staff, including myself.

When he showed up at my house to get some with his shag-carpeted van I should have kicked him in the balls.

I'm over it unless I see him again.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2024, 9:59 pm

I have one that I avoid talking to at all costs. I work at a supermarket. This coworker constantly talks about right-wing conspiracy theories and continually compares LGBTQ people to pedophiles and murderers. He and I are both cashiers until a few weeks ago. Customers have complained about him and the things he insists on talking about in front of them. They reassigned him to Lot Attendant for that very reason. I'm honestly surprised he hasn't managed to get himself fired for saying the things he does.

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I have a grudge against one former superior for sexual harassment, sexual misconduct and sexual blackmail with staff, including myself.

When he showed up at my house to get some with his shag-carpeted van I should have kicked him in the balls.

I'm over it unless I see him again.

King Kat 1
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2024, 10:14 pm

I have one that I avoid talking to at all costs. I work at a supermarket. This coworker constantly talks about right-wing conspiracy theories and continually compares LGBTQ people to pedophiles and murderers. He and I are both cashiers until a few weeks ago. Customers have complained about him and the things he insists on talking about in front of them. They reassigned him to Lot Attendant for that very reason. I'm honestly surprised he hasn't managed to get himself fired for saying the things he does.

I worked with a guy who had been in the military for a number of years. He made it a point to tell you multiple times. He was very right-wing Pro-Trump and Pro-DeSantis. Listened to AM talk radio and Fox news all the time.

Talked about how Transgendered people were mentally ill and disgusting, hated gay marriage, and would throw The N word around at times, on top of slurs for Hispanics/Latinos. Yet... he reported a couple people for swearing, I mean.... what a hypocrite! He liked to play the " I'm a good Christian card" too :roll:

He kept trying to be-friend me but I rebuffed him and stayed the hell away from best I could. Luckily, he ended up leaving the company. A couple people said he got sacked, but I'm not sure honestly. Either way he is gone and that's all that matters.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2024, 10:19 pm

This guy I work with may be related to one of the corporate higher-ups, but I don't know if that is true. (It may explain why he hasn't been fired.) I heard it through the grapevine that he was reassigned because he was talking about dead children in front of a nurse who works at a hospital for children. He clearly doesn't recognize when the conversation needs to end.

King Kat 1 wrote:

I worked with a guy who had been in the military for a number of years. He made it a point to tell you multiple times. He was very right-wing Pro-Trump and Pro-DeSantis. Listened to AM talk radio and Fox news all the time.

Talked about how Transgendered people were mentally ill and disgusting, hated gay marriage, and would throw The N word around at times, on top of slurs for Hispanics/Latinos. Yet... he reported a couple people for swearing, I mean.... what a hypocrite! He liked to play the " I'm a good Christian card" too :roll:

He kept trying to be-friend me but I rebuffed him and stayed the hell away from best I could. Luckily, he ended up leaving the company. A couple people said he got sacked, but I'm not sure honestly. Either way he is gone and that's all that matters.

King Kat 1
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2024, 10:26 pm

Another story-

I had this one obnoxious asshat for a handful of years. Best way I can describe him is that he was some high school jock that never grew out of it, mind you this guy was in his 40s. Loud, Crass, know it all, and irritating. Yet so many people liked him! On top of that, his wife was one of the higher ups! So he had the whole " I can do whatever I want" attitude and he got away with so much s--t.

His wife ended up leaving the company at one point, so a little bit of his clout faded. Then, turns out he had a drinking problem and was popping pills. He came in high as a kite one day, crashed a forklift into something. Then I didn't see him for a time, heard he was in rehab. Then a little later I did learn he was sacked; I believe for lying about being drunk and trying to get out of the whole mess. I won't lie I laughed my ass off, at last that MF'er got his just desserts. Jerk.

King Kat 1
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2024, 10:27 pm

d057 wrote:
This guy I work with may be related to one of the corporate higher-ups, but I don't know if that is true. (It may explain why he hasn't been fired.) I heard it through the grapevine that he was reassigned because he was talking about dead children in front of a nurse who works at a hospital for children. He clearly doesn't recognize when the conversation needs to end.

King Kat 1 wrote:

Yeah I've seen people who have relatives who are boss's. OMG! probably some BS he read off a place like Info-Wars no doubt. That's awful.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2024, 11:06 pm

King Kat 1 wrote:
d057 wrote:

King Kat 1 wrote:

Yeah I've seen people who have relatives who are boss's. OMG! probably some BS he read off a place like Info-Wars no doubt. That's awful.

Yes, I have fought the temptation to snap at him several times! I am not the only person who feels that way about him either.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2024, 11:25 pm

I've held a grudge against women I worked with at the factory for years. They asked me personal questions about my life.

King Kat 1
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2024, 12:31 am

Oh I don't like that at all, nosey people.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2024, 4:57 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I've held a grudge against women I worked with at the factory for years. They asked me personal questions about my life.

I'm sure we've all encountered nosy coworkers before. If they ask you such questions repeatedly, this behavior could be considered harassment. HR at my workplace is completely useless and often results in employees being retaliated against.