Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 6:22 pm

I just accepted a job as an animal caretaker at the local humane society. Pay isn't great, but it is full-time and I get to take care of the kitty cats...

kip
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 7:17 pm

YAY!! !

I love kitties! I currently have 8 in one apartment... city allows 3. I'm cutting down though, 4 are kittens and are going to their new homes sometime next week.

They are just the best pets ever! So soft and fluffy...

*goes off into kittyland*

It mudt be nice to be able to work with them every day... *sigh*

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 7:28 pm

I have just one, he is enough of a handful, lol. He is the best though. He knows when im down and cheers me up by cuddling up to me and nuzzling me until I pet him. He likes to wrestle with me, although I always win, lol. He loves to cuddle up with me in bed at night and lets me use him as a pillow. He wakes me up by licking my chin. Although, I still dont know how he gets out from under my head after I fall asleep, lol.

asperity
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Sep 2008, 8:47 pm

I'm so happy for you about your new job. :D I do similar work, and it's so nice to look forward to seeing those friendly furry faces each day. Dogs and cats are so wonderful.

Pook
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2008, 10:02 am

Sounds good. I may not get along as well with people, but animals don't seem to judge as harshly thank goodness :lol:

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 11:01 pm

Yeah, and Mr Jinx acts like he is interested in what I do and have to say, he will sit there and look at me while I ramble on to him and sit on my lap while I work on my computer.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2008, 8:55 am

That's the type of job that I'd like to be doing. Perhaps I can volunteer at one of my local animal shelters, one day a week.

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2008, 12:03 am

I am also going to be taking correspondence courses this month to learn comic illustration-that is my TRUE passion. I already have an assignment to some work on my computer.

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 8:54 pm

My first week on the job was good. I love the kittys. There is this one named Kourtney, who will cling onto your shoulder while you clean her cage, so it looks like you're holding a baby. There is this kitten named Tiana who will literally jump at you and then sit on your shoulder like a pirate with his parrot. Then there is an adult male cat Tsetse who will climb on you, and then lay on youe shoulders making it look like you have a cat collar

riverotter
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 9:05 pm

That sounds like the perfect job! I would love that.
Who is Mr Jinx? I have a cat named Jinxxx.

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 4:08 am

I used to work in an animal shelter in Denver. One of the best in the country as they had one of the lowest euthanasia rates.
It was sad and I always left work with a headache and heartache. Good luck. Baths and advil helped me relax afterward.

-Pythagoras