Husband in a wreck last night that left him bedridden

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

DomesticAdvocate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Dec 2008, 10:29 pm

for some time.
I'm thankful he is alive and feeling out of place because our life just did a complete change.
I'm overcoming the shock of it all and decided to reach out here . I also have a question because I want to know if anyone has ideas about how I should discuss this with my son with Asperger's. It is going to be an adjustment because there will be health care people coming in and numerous appointments..in addition to what we already do...
I'm feeling tired and I have a lot of energy mostly.
suggestions would be welcome.

mom2bax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Dec 2008, 11:09 pm

unfortunately i have no suggestions other than to explain teh situation to him adn what it will look like.
i just wantted to say i am glad he is ok and i am sorry that you're going through that.

annie2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2008, 4:04 am

Sorry to hear that. I hope your husband makes a quick recovery. Regarding your son, I would probably talk to him about how people in the family have greater needs at different times, and at this time his father has some really big needs that will mean that everyone else needs to pull together on, and try and do their best to make the extra things easy. Prep him for any changes as you go.

ster
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 7:04 am

so sorry...........make a social story. explain that your husband will be ok. explain that your son will not "catch" what his dad has. explain that routines will be different.

kramer1
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Dec 2008, 7:22 am

Sorry to hear that.

We need to know how old your son is to give you the best advice, though.

DomesticAdvocate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Dec 2008, 2:01 pm

and ideas. Our son is 12 and he just went to sleep the other day and he woke up and said out of the blue. I think I am internalizing this. I like the ideas posted here.

BugsMom
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Dec 2008, 5:34 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that. Best wishes for a quick recovery.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2008, 6:20 am

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

And prayers, positive karma, all of it :)

As for talking about it ... I've always been straight up with my AS son and it's always worked. He has an amazing ability to accept reality at it's most complicated when it is absolutely necessary. Hopefully your child does as well.

kramer1
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Dec 2008, 8:18 am

He's 12. He's old enough to understand the reality of the situation.