How does it feel to be autistic?

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

AbsMum
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jan 2011, 5:46 pm

liloleme wrote:
Try not to be too hung up on her not having friends because this may be something that is not at all important to her.

Thank you and I know this may be the case, I love being around people so this all seems so strange to me.

AbsMum
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jan 2011, 5:50 pm

DandelionFireworks wrote:
I think I sort of know what she's feeling and why she's doing that, but I don't know how to describe it or what to do about it.

Most useless post ever, sorry.

No post is ever useless

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 9:39 pm

Imagine going to a foreign country where you don't know one word of the language and you don't understand any of it's customs. And even after years of trying, the language and customs are still just as foreign. And all the while when you are trying to learn, the locals are ridiculing you and calling you stupid. And thats my whole life in a summary.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2016, 7:37 pm

That's like asking me what it feels like to be a human or to be a woman. I've never been another species or a man before so I have nothing to compare the experience of being human or a woman too. I've never NOT been autistic before so I can't compare being autistic to not being autistic so therefore I cannot answer the question of "What is it like to be autistic?" or "How does it feel to be autistic? I've lived in both Texas and Ohio, so I can compare what it is like to live in Texas to what it is like to live in Ohio.