What is the silliest thing you did when you was child?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2016, 5:48 pm

My name is Pawel, I live in Poland, I have Asperger's syndrome.

The most stupid thing I did was to insert a metal skewer into an electrical outlet in the house of my grandfather, I need not say that contact with electricity of 220 V was not pleasant when I was 5 years old :)

Unfortunately, this was not the last time I was electrocuted, as a child I had the habit of fanning each machine's component parts, but I could not piece together their back.

But on the whole I was polite kid, I used to when I was a little every year I rode at summer camp, it was a special therapeutic, and most importantly free because he was, funding from the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health, a summer camp for children and teens with ADHD, Autism, neurosis etc.

At this camp I met a cool kid, with whom I liked to hanging around camp the area of ​​the camp, he had ADHD was my complete opposites, but we liked each others
I told him my adventure with the electrical outlet, he told me his, as they once did something stupid thing and his mother as a punishment gave him house arrest. He lived in a block of flats, I indeed live in a similar block, for the most part they were created under communism.

He's from what he told me he lived on the 3rd or 4th floor, I do not remember
When his mother left the house, and locked him with a key, his colleagues asked him that he went out into the yard, because of the fact that he was grounded, he left the house through the window, he used to lightning rod that was mounted near the gutter, he does not he thought that the rivets holding the lightning rod at the gutter may not withstand the weight of the 12 year old kid he was very skinny indeed, I was a year older, and he was 14 years old when he told me his story.
But he joked that after that his mom never grounded him again :D

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2016, 8:08 pm

My name is Sebastian. I live in Canada, but I was born in Poland.

I guess the stupidest thing I ever did was format a hard disk filled with my saved school assignments that I still had to hand in. :D

"Don't forget to floss." - Darkwing Duck

astroganga
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jan 2016, 8:52 pm

When I was about 8 someone told me that if you applied a magnet to a cathode ray TV screen, it would create pretty colour effects. I told my friend when I visited her house. The only magnet she had in her house was one reputed to be the world's strongest magnet. Needless to say the pretty colours effect did not end when we took the magnet off the screen. Her dad freaked out, really I had never seen anyone so angry. :oops: He called the repair people who said getting it fixed would cost a lot of money, well for those days at least. Thankfully the repair company never billed him for it in the end and they had that TV for many years after that. I also got electrocuted, but as an adult so guess it doesn't count.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2016, 10:04 am

astroganga wrote:
When I was about 8 someone told me that if you applied a magnet to a cathode ray TV screen, it would create pretty colour effects. I told my friend when I visited her house. The only magnet she had in her house was one reputed to be the world's strongest magnet. Needless to say the pretty colours effect did not end when we took the magnet off the screen. Her dad freaked out, really I had never seen anyone so angry. :oops: He called the repair people who said getting it fixed would cost a lot of money, well for those days at least. Thankfully the repair company never billed him for it in the end and they had that TV for many years after that. I also got electrocuted, but as an adult so guess it doesn't count.

As for magnet and CTR i did the same thing, i learned this by accident, than show my mom :mrgreen:

I do not think my mother was not very impressed, my mother by profession, she was an electrician, though most of her life working in the office, she told me just that good Dad was could not see this :mrgreen: but the television after some time returned to normal.

Jo_B1_Kenobi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jan 2016, 1:47 pm

When I was about 12 I was supposed to be looking after my dad's friend's cat while he was on holiday. My dad told me to make sure all the plugs are switched off when I leave which I did. After a few days it started to smell really bad. I had defrosted the freezer. My dad was pretty upset with me. We had to replace all their food.

Diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ICD10)

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 10:39 pm

Jo_B1_Kenobi wrote:
My dad was pretty upset with me.

Seems like he should have been upset with himself. You did what he asked, but not what he meant. If he meant "lights" then he should have said so! It seems unfair that you feel this was something silly that you did...

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2016, 10:02 pm

astroganga wrote:

I guess that's what we call electromagnetic interference. :lol:

"Don't forget to floss." - Darkwing Duck