Self stimulation as an Aspie characteristic?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

TR
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Mar 2006, 11:22 am

My 13 year old son has ADHD and enough Aspie to need step by step coaching in relationships / relating - but still wants to have "friends".

I understand many "not normal" things are Aspie related (i.e., urge to eat scabs, dead skin, etc). I discovered that he has been putting "things" into his anus for pleasure. Is this a normal, sexual exploration thing, Aspie related or do we need to seek help?

I did tell him that he cannot talk to, share with or do this type of thing with anyone else. He has previously explored similar behaviour with a younger child, but says he didn't know it was "wrong" and "will not do it again".

I am confused. We are Christians and want to do right according to God, but I don't know how much exploration is ok.

Any ideas?

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2006, 11:38 am

My son is 13 and seems delayed sexually. He is still in the "sex is icky" stage. I have one older, nonautist child whose sexuality seems on track.

I don't beleive anul stimulation is an aspie thing but its not to far off the track for to be a teen thing. As long as he's not doing something that will harm himself and he understands its a private thing, like masterbation, I'm not sure its a problem.

My take is that God invented sexuality...it must be okay.

I'm going to Private Message you info on a trusted medical site that has a sex therapist available to answer questions. It might be a good idea to run this by the good doctor.

BeeBee

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2006, 1:50 pm

All self-stimulation, even if it may look harmless, connects to sex, and pretty much creates the same sensation as doing something I don't even want to mention.
This topic should therefore be moved to the mature forum.