Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

freesia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Sep 2011, 4:14 pm

hi just wondering if anyone else has an aspergers teenager who is still obsessed with thomas the tank engine.

OhNowIGetIt
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Sep 2011, 7:32 pm

Aspie son age 14 can easily guise his Tank Engine love as enjoying it with our 5yro! He has given reign over the huge set of trains to the younger one Yet he is still excited as ever when a new video is out! He will create elaorate tracks for the younger one and loves every part of it

His priary preserveration is now LEGO though

Sorry I have a few letters not working as I spilled on the keyoard! Had to try to respond to this one though! Too close to our heart to pass up!

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2011, 8:32 pm

My Aspie daughter liked "Thomas the Tank Engine" like for about 10 seconds. She was never into that show. She LOVES the Littlest Pet Shop dolls, though. She has never counted the ones she has, but I think she should be over 100. She plays with them, makes videos, watch LPD videos on YouTube, and always want more. The only problem is me and my husband also LOVE the dolls, too, so we will always buy more for her :)

freesia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Sep 2011, 5:00 am

hi
that is a great way for your son to still engage in his interest with thomas as they can be very embarrassed about it.

Wreck-Gar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 6:35 am

I still like a lot of things I enjoyed as a kid. Just look at my user name and avatar--Transformers. (the originals, not the Michael Bay movies.)

MommyJones
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 11:53 am

I JUST put away my son's thomas stuff for him to "save for his kid". :) but I honestly think he may have done that for me. I asked if I could because he doesn't play with them anymore and I need room for his Star Wars stuff...however he still watches video's but he tells his dad not to tell me. (why, I don't know but it's funny)

He still watches disney junior, mickey mouse specifically, but he won't tell anyone. :wink:

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 12:02 pm

MommyJones wrote:
I JUST put away my son's thomas stuff for him to "save for his kid". :) but I honestly think he may have done that for me. I asked if I could because he doesn't play with them anymore and I need room for his Star Wars stuff...however he still watches video's but he tells his dad not to tell me. (why, I don't know but it's funny)

He still watches disney junior, mickey mouse specifically, but he won't tell anyone. :wink:

Is your child also keeping "childhood memories"? That's what my daughter calls them. She has boxes full of stuff: cans, envelopes, pieces of paper, tags, feathers, leaves... she calls it her "childhood memories" box.

Probably your son does not want you to know he still watches it because he is ashamed. My daughter feels the same way. She LOVES to play with her LPS stuff, but she does not want anybody to watch her playing, because she thinks those toys are for little children and she is too big to play with them. I tell her I played with Barbie dolls 'til I was 16, but she still feels ashamed of being watched playing with her little toys she loves so much.

MommyJones
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 12:36 pm

I think he's a little embarassed, but he doesn't feel that way with his Dad. Maybe it was because I asked if we could put it away and he came to the conclusion that I didn't want him to play with it anymore because it's for little kids. After his dad told me he didn't want me to know, I saw a CD cover out that was Thomas. I asked him if he was watching this and he grinned at me. It was really cute actually. We have such a good, open relationship it surprised me that he would be embarassed in front of me about that. Of course, I'm a big kid too. I'm into star wars as much as him almost, I have toys all over my office. 8)

He doesn't have "childhood memories" (that is so cute). He does however, like to look through his baby box. He was a premie and had a crazy infancy so I have a lot of stuff in there. I always talk about the miracle that he is, and I think he likes that :)

glynny48
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Sep 2011, 1:45 pm

My 7 yr old Asperger's Son still LOVES Thomas! He goes everywhere with us!! ! :)

Wreck-Gar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 6:08 pm

MommyJones wrote:

I did that with my Transformers as a kid. Took 'em out for myself when I got older. My kids are not allowed to touch them!

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 6:30 pm

Apropos of not a lot...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYRK5lzfb9w[/youtube]

markitzero
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 11:34 am

I still sometimes to play with my Legos and KNEX not much with my hot wheels and Matchboxes. I have actually used KNEX to build a Screen mount for my Webcam a PS2 Eyetoy. Also when I use to live in a area that had DSL I used Legos to build a little Shelf for my Router and modem , I had to revise it when I got a replacement modem that was known to overheat I added a Thermaltake Blue LED PC case fan to force the air into the Modem. I still have it together in a closet when I moved and ended up unable to get DSL and only Dial-up.

Verinda
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Sep 2011, 4:55 pm

My son was completely obsessed with Thomas for years, he knew absolutely everything about it. He's 14 now and claims he's not interested anymore, but still looks up the website every so often!

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 5:07 pm

Ilka wrote:
My Aspie daughter liked "Thomas the Tank Engine" like for about 10 seconds. She was never into that show. She LOVES the Littlest Pet Shop dolls, though. She has never counted the ones she has, but I think she should be over 100. She plays with them, makes videos, watch LPD videos on YouTube, and always want more. The only problem is me and my husband also LOVE the dolls, too, so we will always buy more for her :)

I'm 24 and I guess in a way, I still play with LPS animals. If you consider customising playing. I'm thinking about doing anthro versions of them, and using the bodies of the dolls to do so.

Annmaria
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 7:31 pm

I am a adult and I still like Thomas Tank Engine! :lol: I still like tiny, Tilly & Tom just the way it rolls of my tongue. :)

Wreck-Gar
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 8:43 pm

Tequila wrote:
Apropos of not a lot...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYRK5lzfb9w[/youtube]

Awesome!