Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

jaleb
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2007, 1:41 pm

I did talk to the bus driver this morning and the other boy said it was my son that started the fight. But I didn't hear about the other boy being hurt and my son was. I do have a camera and I thought about taking the pictures, I wish I would have thought about it at the time! At first I just thought he did it to himself or fell. I knew he didn't have PE that day though. My son is very clumsy which is why I didn't worry right away. He hates it if he gets hurt and I ask him about it because he is usually unaware of any marks until I point it out.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2007, 7:06 pm

jaleb...they don't have camera's installed in the bus? Many school's do now, I live in a pretty rural area and were surprised to hear that we have them on ours.

...something you might want to inquire about or recommend to the school board. It's helped curb the teasing and fighting...wish they would have had them when I was in school.

jaleb
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2007, 12:19 am

No cameras, at least that I am aware of, I will ask though. It sucks to be in the county school system sometimes. They are not sitting together anymore to solve the immediate problem, and as far as I know he is not being bullied at school by anyone. At this point he is still young enough that he doesn't stand out as being "weird"

JsMom
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Jan 2007, 2:30 pm

This is what usually happens with my son:

A boy will call DS something funny (not meaning to be mean)...DS doesn't understand and takes it as an insult...DS says something snide back to the boy...the boy doesn't understand why DS would say such a thing and says something mean back and/or push DS....DS gets pissed off and will either say something ruder back or push the boy away...then the boy will either say somethin offense and/or push DS....

See the cycle of lack of social understanding??? Also, DS is not good at reporting what ACTUALLY happened, so we're always trying to get as much info as possible.