Parents - don't circumsize your sons!

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2006, 6:49 am

Please! Especially you in America. www.circumstitions.com

'Tis munny in my purse.

Last edited by Litigious on 22 Oct 2006, 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2006, 7:41 am

here here

(thats meant to be wholehearted agreeance)

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 9:16 am

It's really not an aspie question. No one should be circumsized other than for strict medical reasons, which there rarely never are.

'Tis munny in my purse.

Dewclaw
Raven
Raven

19 Nov 2006, 12:30 pm

I believe it is mutilation. In some countires women are circumsized. In America we would think of that as mutilation, but over there it is normal and often encouraged. I don't know how we can think that a boy's circumsision is normal and yet we think of a woman's circumsision as barbaric and a form of mutilation. Hypocrytical.

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2006, 4:25 pm

Guess I'm part of the minority. I don't see a need for the procedure by any means, but I certainly can't say that I feel mutilated.
I think comparing it to female circumcision/female genital mutilation is bit much, personally. In males, a semi-useless flap of skin is removed. In females, the entire clitoris (equivalent to the entire head of the penis) is removed. Huge difference.

Dewclaw
Raven
Raven

19 Nov 2006, 8:35 pm

Since I have to live with a scarred phallus resulting from my circumsision, I don't see much of a difference. There is a difference, but not a heck of a lot. Fortunately, the women I've been with don't seem to have a problem with it.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2006, 3:41 am

It's forced mutilation, and the person who is having the circumcision forced on them can't consent to it. So I'm against it.

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2006, 4:12 am

In that respect, I'd agree

wendytheweird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Nov 2006, 3:09 pm

I have 3 intact sons. :D (And I live in the American Midwest, where 95% of newborn boys are circumcized. :()

And as a woman who has has sex w/ both circ'd and intact men, I have to say there is a HUGE difference. I would NEVER do that to any son of mine.

willow
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2006, 7:08 pm

Litigious wrote:
It's really not an aspie question. No one should be circumsized other than for strict medical reasons, which there rarely never are.

both of my sons had medical conditions that made circumcision necessary.

well, my first son was circumcised at 18 months. the same doctor examined my second son at birth, and said that he felt like he, too, would suffer the same pain and problems as my first son, so I had him circumcised in the hospital.

I hated doing it...but not as much as I hated seeing my older son be in horrible pain...and then having to go through major surgery at 18 months and the pain associated with that. :(

I agree...the medical need is very rare. most people do it out of tradition, or religion, or just plain ignorance. the foreskin is there for a reason, and should be left intact.

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2006, 7:52 pm

You should be allowed to have your children circumcised if it's a part of your religion that you strongly believe in.

wendytheweird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Nov 2006, 10:02 pm

In this country (the US), most medically "necessary" circumcisions are caused by improper care of the intact penis. Namely parents are told to retract and clean their babies' penises. The foreskin is firmly adhered to the head of the penis in infants and young children. Forcing retraction can cause not only scar tissue and pain, which leads to difficulty in retracting when their older, but it also lets bacteria in where it shouldn't leading to infections, etc. Just a thought.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2006, 10:42 pm

Yupa wrote:
You should be allowed to have your children circumcised if it's a part of your religion that you strongly believe in.

Why?

Can I rape my future wife if I get messages in my head from God telling me I should? Islam has a track record of mistreating women. Endorse that?

End of the day, they can't consent to it and there are no real health benefits. So, it's morally wrong. When they turn the age of 16 or 18, if they want to do that to themselves, it's not my problem, it's theirs.

walk-in-the-rain
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2006, 11:05 pm

Tequila wrote:
Yupa wrote:

Why?

Can I rape my future wife if I get messages in my head from God telling me I should? Islam has a track record of mistreating women. Endorse that?

End of the day, they can't consent to it and there are no real health benefits. So, it's morally wrong. When they turn the age of 16 or 18, if they want to do that to themselves, it's not my problem, it's theirs.

It is a long standing religious requirement that someone did not just "invent" in their head. Your example has no comparison to say that Islam has a tendency towards violence towards women therefore this is wrong. Wouldn't it psychologically be the ultimate in exclusion from your family if from your birth you weren't allowed to participate in something that was an integral part of their beliefs. That would seem to me that you would be singling the child out and THAT is an influence and probably very psychologically damaging. So how do you weigh the damage - a few second procedure that has been done for thousands of years or treating your child like an outsider in his own family but reassuring him that he can "join" when he is 18.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2006, 11:08 pm

The second. At least then he will have control over his own body at that stage.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

23 Nov 2006, 2:28 pm

People heavily mod their bodies/world and parents make those choice for their kids so I see nothing wrong with it.

Now if their are big difference in quality of life issue I say by all means stop it. Oh people , evolution is extremely poor at making a life form ideal. Our genes are riddled with defects . How many trillions of dollars will be spent each year cleaning up all of evolutions messes?

So parents do not feel your doing wrong making this choice. Now if there are practical
benfits to not preforming circumcision, then people should post those reason. But
do not try to sell this bullsh*t that this is how Evolution or "God" intended things. We
(mankind) work our a$$es off everyday fixing the damage Evolution or "God" has done. If people want to live naked in caves eating raw food then do that. I choose to
take a path that will pi$$ off Evolution and "God".