Holy Cow! Surprise evaluation appt. popped up! EEK!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Jennyfoo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Nov 2007, 3:09 pm

I just got off the phone with UC Davis MIND Institute. They had a cancellation and were going down the list to fill the slot. We were the 10th people they called. Nobody was home. Normally they have a 6-9 month wait to get in. We will be taking our 5 y/o on Friday morning for his assesment. SCORE! We thought we'd be waiting MONTHS to get him in. WOOT!

Can you tell I'm excited to finally be able to see what's going on with my little boy? We've been trying to get him evaluated for over a year through other channels and now this finally comes through. He's got autistic traits like hand-flapping and other stims, narrow interests, has to keep a strict schedul, has constant melt-downs, is fine-motor skill delayed, has speech problems, is academically delayed, has a very short attention span, etc, etc..... We suspect he may be on the spectrum, but he's very social and loves other kids- very friendly. We actually wonder if he has Fragile X or some other form of mental retardation. He just can't seem to learn or retain knowledge. I'm so glad that we'll be able to get him some help finally that will be able to guide us and the school in helping him to learn. YAY!

ster
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2007, 5:39 pm

yeehaw!! !! !! !! !! ! good luck !

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2007, 7:18 pm

Congratulations!

We had our son evaluated there when we lived in the Sacramento area. It was a very positive experience. I'm thrilled for you that you got bumped up the list and are able to have the evaluation so soon! That's so nice not to have to wait any longer. Good luck!

Kris

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2007, 7:42 pm

Congrats! We got lucky too, our daughter got in after 3 months of a 5 month wait. Good luck to you!

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

06 Nov 2007, 11:17 pm

That is excellent!! !

We had a similar thing happen with us.

We had one son diagnosed in April this year with Asperger's.

Soon after I realised another son had Asperger's. I rang, expecting a 6 month wait to get him in. The receptionist had just put the phone down with a cancellation. She immediately offered me the appointment slot - 2 week wait instead of 6 months!

And our second son was diagnose quickly.

Helen