The School LOST Vladi Yesterday!!

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ALL4VLADI
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Dec 2005, 10:51 pm

OMG! I hate PUBLIC SCHOOL!! besides all the IEP issues, Yesterday they lost him!! hello!
Well my son has transportation , So yeaterday after school a new bus operator shows up, Vladi does NOT recognize him so he does not get on the bus. So they have the security search for him (although they do not know what he looks like) and they don't find him so the bus leaves and they stop searching for Vladi. Now it is 3:30pm and my Mom calls me to say Vladi has not arrived homeyet.....so I call the school where they repeat the above story, so when I ask so where is Vladi now? this is what I hear "ummm we don't know" OMG my heart sank and I went off on them! So after 15 agonizing moments of crying and worry they find him all by HIMSELF in the front of the ungated school Waiting for his bus!! I can't believe them! I soo wish I had money for Private school!

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 10:54 pm

Sounds like this one time when I was really young and missed the bus home... my mom told me my dad was picking me up after school!... I just sorta assumed she meant right after school :oops: so I got detention without doing anything :lol: .

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 11:23 pm

ALL4VLADI wrote:
So yeaterday after school a new bus operator shows up, Vladi does NOT recognize him so he does not get on the bus. [.....] So after 15 agonizing moments of crying and worry they find him all by HIMSELF in the front of the ungated school Waiting for his bus!!

LOL, not to laugh at what happened, but to laugh at myself for having done similar things a couple of times.

September 1992 - I'm standing outside in a raincoat during a thunderstorm, looking very stupid, the bus is late, when it finally pulls up, it's a different bus and different driver. I don't want to get on, but I have the presence of mind to ask if it was the right bus. He assures me it is and I get in.

A few of the eighth graders sitting up near the front jeered me for that one.

A year later, the bus I rode home changed it's route, it no longer went to my school, but to the high school instead where all the junior high and high school kids loaded up.

One afternoon I waited outside the school for 30 minutes for my bus to arrive, watching all the other kids get on the shuttles that came. Since my routine was to get on my bus, and not one of the shuttles, all the buses came and took everyone off. I was left all alone outside. Finally 30 minutes later, one of the kids who was a perpetual bully to me came out of the school and approached me and asked me what I was doing standing all alone out on the side at 3:30pm.

"I'm waiting for the school bus" I told him.

He responded by shoving me to the ground and calling me an idiot that the buses were long gone by then.

As for Vladi - I bet when he was fianlly "found" he was pretty confused about the fact that people were looking for him.

ALL4VLADI
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Dec 2005, 11:56 pm

:lol: :lol: yes Vladi never knew he was missing! but you bet the principal got a earfull! :twisted:

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2005, 12:04 am

When I first got on the bus home in 8th grade, it drove past my stop. So I waited until after the driver was halfway up town and dropped everyone else off to tell him. He was not very happy.

Larval
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2005, 3:11 am

I'd never tell the bus driver my stop. So if they forgot to stop, I'd just sit and wait until someone else told them that I was still on and made them go back. ;)

ster
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2005, 7:26 am

OMG!! !! !! !! ! i would've been FRANTIC! at the school i work out ( private sed ), we often have the issue of students not wanting to get on the bus if the driver is different. sometimes, we have to get the principal out at transportation to talk to the student to reassure them that it is the correct bus. i just don't understand how or why they stopped looking for vladi......glad to hear he's ok

ghatti
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Dec 2005, 7:34 am

If it makes you feel any better they lose NT kids too. :)

I was a very sound sleeper and one morning I fell asleep on the bus and no one saw me. The school called to find out why my mom hadn't called me in sick and she freaked because she had put me on the bus in the morning! Well they called the bus company and the driver wasn't sure so they sent someone out to the bus and there I was sound asleep. The whole thing took a couple hours and when they woke me up I was very confused as to where I was and where everyone else was.

My older brother caught heck from mom too for not watching out for me. :)

Kelly

momofanspie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Dec 2005, 7:56 am

i cant believe what you must of went through and your poor son. thank god he was okay.

JsMom
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Dec 2005, 4:19 pm

I once fell asleep on the bus going home when I was in Kindergarten and missed my stop. My mom must have been frantic.

One time my sister, NT but very crazy, got on a different bus on purpose because she wanted to play with her friend after school. The bus driver didn't even ask her if she had a note! 8O

Glad Vladis is safe!! !

Antigone
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Dec 2005, 5:53 pm

When we lived in Tucson I walked my son to school and back every day. This was in the 2nd grade. It was about 1/2 a mile. One day I was waiting out front for him and pretty soon all the kids had gone and he still wasn't out yet. So I went to his class to look for him and he wasn't there. So they searched the school and couldn't find him so they called the police. My husband is a police officer so he was there in a minute. They all spread out looking for him and found him almost home. He said he didn't see me standing in the usual spot so he would just walk home. He wasn't fazed in the least and the police looking for him didn't bother him because to him they were all of dad's friends. I was crying and my daughter who was 3 at the time gives me a hug pats me on the back and says, "Don't worry mom he won't do it again."

He cannot ride the bus because it is too loud for him and he gets into trouble for telling all the other kids to be quiet.

muppypud
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Dec 2005, 10:29 pm

OMG! I would have been livid. I have lost all faith in public schools anyway.
My son is almost 13 and 4 grade levels behind....I started homeschooling this year, and I couldn't be happier. At least I know that my son won't be "lost" by the school.

pink
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Dec 2005, 6:49 am

I don't know how old your child is. The public school lost my kid too when he was in Early Learning Program. He kept escaping from the classroom, even with a 1:3 teacher/child ratio. He was 4 at the time. I'm glad your son is OK! :D I don't know if I have any suggestions. When I was a little kid we all wore small metal ID bracelets with our name, parent's names, address and phone number on it. Nobody could read it from far away so it wasn't a safety risk. That was 45 yr ago but it might make you feel safer if your son has one.

redvelvet
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2006, 7:08 pm

When my two kids tried school, our son was nearly 10, and daughter 8. We homeschooled before this.
my husband and I arranged my sister to pick up the kids from school while we had a day out.
We explained to the kids that their aunt would be picking them up from school. Our house was to the left of the school gates about 5 minutes walk away, my sister to the right and about 15 minutes from the school. Well she picked up Claire but Ben wasn't there, she went home and still no Ben, so she called the police. They found him sitting on the doorstep of our house, he had forgotten about the arrangement. We never had another day away again.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2006, 9:57 pm

I'm very grateful I went to private school and never had to take any buses (except for our occasional field trips). All I had to get used to was carpool. I carpooled with one other girl who was three years younger. We got to be very fond of each other and even refered to each other as kind-of-sisters.

I'd say "This is Kristin, my kinda-little-sister" and she'd say "This is 'Sophist' my kinda-big-sister". I miss Kristin. I should get back in touch with her. She's 21 now. 8O I've known her since she was 8...

Sorry about Vladi btw. I was forgotten at school once by a friend of my mother's who'd agreed to pick me up. I spent the evening with nuns watching, among other things, Wheel of Fortune.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2006, 12:59 pm

Bland-I always HATED riding the bus and lived life always nervous and wondering if I did the right thing or not. I had to pay extremely close attention or Id miss my stop. This meant that I could never relax. I was so tense, no wonder I always wanted to be alone when i got home from school! Now I drive my kids to three different schools and pick them up because I dont want them to be lost or confused or just completely stressed out. Bad things happen on the bus because of the lack of supervision.