Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Tortuga
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 2:52 pm

Forget it..........I guess the intention of my post was not clear.

Last edited by Tortuga on 07 Feb 2008, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 3:22 pm

And interesting idea, I am also a mother with children on the spectrum and feel we are lucky because at least we can understand our children.

To be honest I do not want to change and would not want my children to, as truly feel our symptoms are what we are, I agree it should not be so hard having to just be us, but the more of us that speak out and stop allowing others to feel we have to change the esier it should be for our children.

we really need to stop trying to get our children to conform and let them be who they are, stop trying to change them and educate society that there is in fact a whole group of people who are just different..

katrine
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 3:37 pm

I don't try and change my son's habits - but I try and change some of his behaviour.
I had to change the way I brought him up along the way - is that changing a habit? It is changing my behaviour, at any rate!

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 4:28 pm

Changing a child's bad behaviour, could be a great new parent tool. Have you seen the advert where the mother has had enough of her child's tantrums and lies on the floor and has one herself, the child soon stops!

One thing I have noticed especially with aspergers children the parents try and change there children to be like other children. Instead of trying to understand the child, so its great what your doing in trying to really understand your child, and your right too many parents are good at telling but not doing them selves...

But really good communication can make such a difference, far to many parents talk at there children, rather than communicate with them. But what your doing is taking the communication bit to a whole new level, good to see from another perspective - may have a go myself :wink: let us know if it works...

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 4:32 pm

Tortuga wrote:
Forget it..........I guess the intention of my post was not clear.

Please do not take what I am saying literally, just my toughts and sorry us aspies can be a little direct at times..

Really did not mean to offend :oops: , would be great for you to put post back as an interesting idea...