Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

jessicaP
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Feb 2009, 12:33 pm

In past 5 months, my son learned alphabets, shapes, colors and numbers. He can do 24 piece puzzle by himself. Yesterday he did his first 48 pieces puzzle, with my help. The day before, I heard him counting to 20 when he played his abacus . Well, it is not real counting since he finished 10 beads by the time he said 6 and he missed 16. It was a huge surprise to me. I don't know how he learned numbers beyond 10.

My son does not perform on demand. I am the only one knows how much he can do. I am the only one knows how many words he can use, because he only says them in home and only I can understand him. He likes just watching other kids in school and daycare. I feel he is an observer and thinker to this world. He picks up things and keeps them in his head, only to show the world what he knows when he feel like it.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 1:19 pm

He's in preschool, I take it? It's such an amazing age, as far as watching them grow and learn. Be proud, and continue to be proud. Learning is something our kids love to do, it's instinct, until someone squashes it. Don't let anyone ever squash it.