I had high hopes for the Wii but it ended up just crap

Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Shadowbound
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Apr 2008, 10:16 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:
As for me, I'm sticking with real gaming... Mass effect comes out for a real system in May, and spore is finally coming out in september...

If your looking forward to the PC version of Mass Effect you may be happy to know the add on that can be purchased from Xbox Live for the 360 version will be a free download for the PC version. It's a cool extra mission where you have to land on an asteroid and try and prevent it frm crashing into a near by planet.

I have the 360 version of Mass Effect I love it so I'll likely get the PC version to. I'm odd like that.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 11:03 am

Bluesummers wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
earthbound was one of the best and most original rpg's made.
Yes, if your effed up on shrooms, acid, DXM or some combination of the three.

Quote:
and why does rpg define a system or a publisher? there's much more to gaming than just some genre which has become so dilluted that i sometimes can barely tell the difference between today's "rpg" and final fight...just the rpg has a sh***y melodramatic angsty storyline and final fight cuts the BS.
RPG's don't define a console, but seriously, come on. Nintendo was cool back when I was afraid to kiss girls; they just never evolved and kept spewing out the same old kiddy BS. In my opinion, the Wii(what a fitting name...) was an act of desperation in result to their lack of creativity. Can't come up with anything interesting? Well sh**, we can still cater to the ADHDs. OMG LOOK MOM, I'M JUST LIKE LINK! *Swings lame ass controller around*

Quote:
yeah, i have a different opinion from yours. how.....daring of me.
I'm sorry, but through and through, FF is the greatest series of games to date. It was a pipe-dream that sprouted into a legacy. It has the best of everything: Graphics, plot, characters, music - you name it. You sound a little angsty yourself, rather "non-conformist." Don't take it out on such a pinnacle of creation.

way to completely ignore any of my points.

and maybe you'd understand earthbound better if you understood the underlying parody of american culture within it. but you seem like the type to not really get something that isn't handed to them on a plate of angsty final fantasy overdrama.

Bluesummers
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 8:22 pm

skafather84 wrote:
way to completely ignore any of my points.

and maybe you'd understand earthbound better if you understood the underlying parody of american culture within it. but you seem like the type to not really get something that isn't handed to them on a plate of angsty final fantasy overdrama.
Quite the opposite, I addressed every single one of your points.

And sorry, but I already understand American culture, just plain culture all around.

And seriously, have you ever even played a FF game without having an "angsty" predisposition? Maybe before you conform to your typical "non-conformity" you should better read the titles of all the FF games. Final *FANTASY*.

The whole point of Final Fantasy was to have a chance to live in a life other than this own. Live in the parody of Earthbound all you want, when I choose to play a game, it's to experience that which I not yet have. Fu** Earthbound. Life is too much a parody as is.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 9:04 pm

Bluesummers wrote:
Life is too much a parody as is.

the angst from this statement is quite viscous.

shop at hot topic too? :P

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 12:07 am

I share a Wii with my siblings, and I like it.

I didn't know what to choose: PS3 or Wii (360 doesn't appeal to me), but I couldn't afford the two. My reasons for buying a Wii were:

1. Wii seemed interesting wth that new way of playing.

2. My sister (RIP), had a sarcoma in her neck. She couldn't move her right arm and legs in her last months of life, she couldn't do what she loved (drawing, handcrafts and playing video games) that made her feel depressed. I thought she could play some Wii games with one hand.

3. PS3 was more expensive, that means I would pick only one game at the begining.

4. I knew Snake would be a playable character on Super Smash Bros. Brawl (I love Snake :) ).

Yeah, I won't play Metal Gear Solid 4 this year and other games like Final Fantasy XIII, but I can wait.

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 8:11 am

skafather84 wrote:
Bluesummers wrote:
Life is too much a parody as is.

the angst from this statement is quite viscous.

shop at hot topic too? :P

TSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Yow. :P

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

KatieRose212
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Apr 2008, 9:26 am

Really? You hate the Wii? I love mine!

I guess it depends on the TYPE of game you want to play, the Wii is more for party games and social occasions but some of the games you can play on your own - for instance, like LOZ: Twilight Princess (which is an amazing game, I can tell you now)...

So it all depends on what you'd rather do with your console. If you want to get up and get fit while playing a games console, get the Wii. Or if you'd rather sit down, play on your own and be unfit.. choose any other console in the world.

Don't get me wrong, I have every console that has ever come out since I was born so I don't hate every other console, I am just favouring the Wii at the moment.

:lol:

Lurv
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Apr 2008, 12:16 pm

I don't know if Bluesummers is really serious, but what's so bad about catering to kids? I mean, gasp! kids playing games, how horrible.

Nintenderek17
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Apr 2008, 7:57 am

I once heard someone say the wii was a failure. Well, most failures in gaming, don't sell twice as much in their lifetime as the 360 and about 3 times as much as the PS3, so I'm going to have to say no to that statement. The wii is a great system. Sure, it's graphics aren't the best, but graphics aren't that important. If you think they are, then which was a better game, Superman 64, or Pacman?

The Wii has the best games. SSBB, Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports, Wii Play, and Wario Ware Smooth Moves just to name a few. The 360 has Halo, and more Halo and a bit more of Halo. It doesn't have a whole lot more then just Halo. Most the other good games on 360 are cross platform and I can play them on the Wii. Same goes for PS3. Most of the good games are also on the Wii.

The Wii is innovative. I have fun with the motion stuff and I also like the fact that is can connect to my DS wirelessly. I also like friend codes, and free online play, which do come with the Wii. And if you don't feel like playing with your friends, then you don't have to use friend codes to get matches online. This is different from the PS3, in which it's near impossible to find your friends online.

The Wii also has great controls which can be held differently for each and every game, making each and every game something new, fun and creative. And if developers don't like the Wii-mote, then they don't have to use it. They can make their game use the Gamecube Controller or Old School Controller as well.

The Wii is also far cheaper. I can get about 3 Wiis for the price of one PS3 and about two Wiis for the price of the more expensive version of the 360. The games are the same price which I guess is a good thing.

Also, the Wii has Miis, and a weather thing, and a bunch of other cool extra features. You can even download the Opera web browser for it. And it lets you play really old games for cheap, and plays gamecube games you already own. It even has a hard drive to safe stuff on the system it's self, which I find to be really cool.

In the end, Nintendo has never failed me before, and it didn't with the Wii either. I love my wii.

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 1:10 pm

Nintenderek17 wrote:
The 360 has Halo, and more Halo and a bit more of Halo. It doesn't have a whole lot more then just Halo. Most the other good games on 360 are cross platform and I can play them on the Wii. Same goes for PS3. Most of the good games are also on the Wii.

Lets see, I have the following games for the 360.

Halo 3
Gears of War
BioShock
Perfect Dark Zero
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
Project Gotham Racing 3
Project Gotham Racing 4
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Guitar Hero 2
Rock Band
Overlord
Dead Rising
Dead or Alive 4

Only one of those is on the Wii currently, and Rock Band is coming to the Wii(As a gimped PS2 port lacking character creation, band world tour, and downloadable content). 6 of them are only on 360 and aren't even on PS3 or PC, let alone Wii.

Paulos
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Apr 2008, 7:39 pm

Yeah it is about being a fan boy with the Wii I agree with the second poster, however I must say the problem with the Wii I have is the wireless system with the sensitivity of the sensor bar... it's so hard to keep it on the darn screen so it's not pleasant to play the games!

Paulos

23 Apr 2008, 7:41 pm

Well actually to be honest I forgot about the VC *virtual console* how you can play lots of classic games from the Sega Genesis, NES, SNES, N64, Neo Geo and such... I hope they put Gameboy games on it! the only reason I have a wii is for two reasons, the Virtual Console and Super Smash Bros Brawl.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 8:25 pm

Paulos wrote:
Yeah it is about being a fan boy with the Wii I agree with the second poster, however I must say the problem with the Wii I have is the wireless system with the sensitivity of the sensor bar... it's so hard to keep it on the darn screen so it's not pleasant to play the games!

i thought you could adjust the sensativity?

Paulos

23 Apr 2008, 10:09 pm

In some way, but it isn't a good enough built system... and then some games like Wii Sports works perfectly with the Wii Remote even if I was using it BACKWARDS...

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2008, 10:29 pm

Paulos wrote:
In some way, but it isn't a good enough built system... and then some games like Wii Sports works perfectly with the Wii Remote even if I was using it BACKWARDS...

i kinda have to wonder how much of that is just tuning problems that never get fixed when the games are in QA. i mean if you have a bunch of snob testers who hate the system before even working on a game, they'll be more apt to accept bugs as just the system and likewise, the code monkeys are more likely to waive issues rather than actually fix them.

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2008, 10:39 am

Nah I really like the wii... Nintendo are top quality innovators.