Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 2:57 am

Probably because he was designed by Squaresoft and not by Nintendo.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 7:43 am

But one of Brawl's draws was the inclusion of third-party characters (Sonic from Sega, Snake from Konami). I had my fingers crossed.

Hbomb89
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Sep 2008, 7:32 pm

DejaQ wrote:
But one of Brawl's draws was the inclusion of third-party characters (Sonic from Sega, Snake from Konami). I had my fingers crossed.

If that's the case, they should have put Goemon (from Mystical Ninjas: Starring Goemon) in Brawl, Snake was cool, but Goemon and his gang could easily pwn him! :-D

Sonic....I never liked sonic that much, they should have put Geno or even Mallow in Brawl instead of Sonic.

Super Mario RPG used to be a very hard game for me...probably when I first got it when I was six, I did not know anything about the concept of RPG gaming...I'd always fight the Hammer Bros or Croco (in Bandit's Way) without properly leveling up and using syrups to replenish special attacks points. Then when I was 9 years old, I got really far in the game but then I got stuck on the volcano level because I'd always lose to the Axem Rangers...then I learned the order on how to beat them when I was eleven. Now, that I've beatened Smithy...Super Mario RPG seems really easy to me.

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Sep 2008, 5:05 pm

Amazing game. Probably one of my favorites on The Super Nintendo.

But I can't stand how much people hump Mallow and Geno. I completely forgot about them once Bowser and Peach joined my party. I don't get what the big deal is about them.

Hbomb89
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Oct 2008, 9:36 pm

My usual party make-up consists of Mario (well, he always has to fight anyways), Bowser and Geno....Geno has the best regular attacks and special attacks in the game and Bowser has the best attack and defense.

I find Peach pretty useless and Mallow to be useless once you meet Bowser at Booster's Tower.

kittylover
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Oct 2008, 11:37 pm

The main problem I have with Mario RPG is that it was translated/mangled by Ted Woolsey. Two examples that I can think of immediately:

"Noknok Shell" should've been "Koopa Shell" (based on the Japanese name for Koopa Troopa, "nokonoko")
"Culex" should've been "Crystaller"

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 12:27 am

This was one of those games that I really tried to like, because I could tell that it was high quality.

BUT I FREAKING HATED THE BATTLE SYSTEM! I loath that style of turn based combat.

Geno was the s**t, though. I miss that guy.

Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 7:11 pm

It's definently by far the greatest video game of all time, and I strongly recommend you download it as soon as possible and play it for 12 straight hours.

I'm not really exaggerating it. I love that game.

Dennis
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2008, 2:59 pm

I loved it. It did a great job of combining the Mario style and the Square RPG style. It's probably my second favorite game after Earthbound.

Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2008, 5:32 pm

Thing about mario RPG is, it's actually possible to lose to the bosses. And it takes a while, sometimes a few tries to beat them.

Earthbound, you might lose to frank or titanic ant. Everything else takes 1-2 minutes to kill.

LucidDreamGod
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2008, 8:51 am

I'm currently trying out Mario RPG, I have played it before well cheating but it got way to boring, and I have played it when I was little but I pretty much used other peoples files from the rental place so I never got to enjoy the full game yet. It looks like one of those games that would bring back lots of nostalgia if I played during my childhood, like games during that period of my life often do have.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2008, 10:59 am

886 wrote:
Earthbound, you might lose to frank or titanic ant. Everything else takes 1-2 minutes to kill.

uh....magicant? i know i got my ass handed to me a few million times over by ness's nightmare and that whole level.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2008, 6:17 pm

skafather84 wrote:
886 wrote:

uh....magicant? i know i got my ass handed to me a few million times over by ness's nightmare and that whole level.

He's fairly easy. Just keep using normal attack, and if you die, let your life run down to about 150 until you use lifeup C. Don't worry about taking damage, your life runs down very slow, and you should have near 600 when you fight him.

Quote:
I'm currently trying out Mario RPG, I have played it before well cheating but it got way to boring, and I have played it when I was little but I pretty much used other peoples files from the rental place so I never got to enjoy the full game yet. It looks like one of those games that would bring back lots of nostalgia if I played during my childhood, like games during that period of my life often do have.

You'll find it be this way with any super nintendo game..

Synth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Oct 2008, 11:52 pm

and the seven stars or whatever it was called? :P It had to be one of the best games in history, there are SO many good memories from when I played that 8) long live SNES.

Timpanogos
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Oct 2008, 3:51 pm

I played it with my brothers when we had a Super Nintendo. We really enjoyed it alot. I love the music to it.

Helek_Aphel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Oct 2008, 4:04 pm

I've played it through who-knows-how-many-times.
It is very good.