Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

vivinator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 May 2009, 9:41 pm

I play PC's. the games seem to be more to my taste plus due to my coordnation problems a mouse suits me. the games put out for PC are a little different than those for consoles though there is a lotta crossplatforming. ah, RPG'sI think that's what PC's have that consoles don't or something

-HL Mencken

-as of now official dx is ADHD (inattentive type) but said ADD (314.00) on the dx paper, PDD-NOS and was told looks like I have NLD

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 2:19 am

Consoles have tons of RPGs, mostly JRPGs and some action RPG titles like Fallout 3 and Mass Effect.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 3:11 am

That mouse thing is the one primary reason why i play on PCs. Even if i am a seasoned hardcore gamer, i still get repulsed by the XBox/PS* controllers.

I just NEED a mouse (for precision aiming) + a keyboard with lots of buttons that i can configure any way i want: playing games like Hitman or the Battlefield series on a console would be/is just wrong. Its the same with FSX and playing it with a keyboard instead of a analogue stick: it can be done but it is mostly just problematic.

I did however make a brave effort trying to play Morrowind GOTY on XBox, but sunshine pestering the TV and awkward controls made me give that up and after using my XBox to decorate my shelf for a few months, i sold it.

luigi645
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 May 2009, 4:01 pm

well, console games are hard to get used to on the controls, while PC games tend to be laggy on certain computers

Ruraji
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 May 2009, 5:10 pm

PC gamer here. :o

dark_mage
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 May 2009, 6:29 pm

Am both a PC gamer and Console gamer so it doesn't matter though on console games I hate bad cameras

I'm not evil I just have a different view of good

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 8:02 pm

Used to be a hardcore PC gamer and only used consoles for fighting games. Now I'm a hardcore console game that only uses PCs for RTS games and even that's dwindling. It's getting harder and harder to justify upgrading/building new computers to play the 1 or 2 games that come out a year for it that I'd want to play.

bringram
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 May 2009, 8:28 pm

I used to be a hard core PC gamer because the graphics, controls, and all around gameplay were better. That changed- IMHO- with the playstation (one.) There is one MMO I play on PC, but most of my gaming now is on a console.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 2:33 am

What I like about the PC is flexibility. I must have downloaded tons of fan-based modifications for Civilization IV and Battlefield 1942. That's impossible for the console games.

HAL_9000
Toucan
Toucan

14 May 2009, 2:53 am

I'm still a fairly hardcore PC gamer. Mainly because war\strategy games and simulations don't end up on consoles and I much prefer playing games on the PC. I have an Xbox360 I got a few years back that I use for console exclusives or games I can't run on my computer. I think they both have their places these days, with the sorts of things you can now do on a console.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 2:25 pm

I don't really care, I just like to play games.

If the PC just happens to have the superior version of a single-player game, I'll usually play it there...but I'll definitely sacrifice graphics and controls and what not if it means split-screen gaming with friends.

Otherwise I like to stick with whatever platform the game I want to play was intended for...even with emulation, I think usually I'd much rather just play the game on the real thing. Heck, I even try to run DOS games on a seperate machine when I can, rather than use DOSBox.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 3:02 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
Consoles have tons of RPGs, mostly JRPGs and some action RPG titles like Fallout 3 and Mass Effect.

Fallout 3 and Mass Effect are also on PC (and you can do more with them on a PC than on the shitbox 360)...

Also, PC's control almost all of the RTS genre (the only RTS that has ever gained a foothold on a console-only release is Halo Wars, and that's only because of the Halofans that all rushed out and bought it)... And 4X is even less likely to transition over to the console than RTS...

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 3:15 pm

I can't get used to the controls on a console. PC is much better as it feels more fluent. And I know what I need to upgrade next ;)

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 3:31 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:

Fallout 3 and Mass Effect are also on PC (and you can do more with them on a PC than on the shitbox 360)...\

I'm quite aware that both titles are on PC, being the owner of both. I was pointing out that the original poster's statement that there were no RPGs on consoles was false, and that by and large there are far more RPGs on consoles than on computers.

Saspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2009, 7:24 am

Oh it is interesting to read that other people prefer PCs to consoles because of the controllers. I am too clumsy for those so much prefer a PC. I am used to a mouse now and can find that comfortable to use. Console controllers are uncomfortable and I really suck when I am using them, instead of only suck a little bit when I use the PC. It is annoying to wait for games to come to the PC though sometimes.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 7:40 am

Computer laptops are pretty good for gaming if it's not a graphic monster, BTW. I don't play video games THAT often, so having a machine that combines my internet usage and gaming is quite nice. Computer games also cost a whole lot less.