Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

FalconPunch39
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 2:08 pm

Does it look super interesting. And for those of you that have it, is it worth getting?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 5:06 pm

It does look interesting to me.

SonicMisaki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 6:52 pm

I'm gonna get it for Christmas. :D

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 7:24 pm

It does look fun and interesting, but I don't have a Wii, just an Xbox 360 and a PS3. My sister was a Wii, so I got it for her for Christmas.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Dec 2010, 8:24 pm

I think the game was canceled? Maybe it was canceled for Windows?

The former things have passed away."

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 12:14 am

kxmode wrote:
I think the game was canceled? Maybe it was canceled for Windows?

Nope, it wasn't cancelled, since I bought it for a gift today! They originally planned to release the game for Windows, Xbox 360 and PS3, but they later decided to drop all that and release it for the Wii. That sucks, because I want to play it, but I don't have a Wii, because I don't like motion controls.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2010, 12:56 am

I have it on my gamefly list.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Dec 2010, 3:34 am

Seems like a cool concept. They just need to put it together right. But it sounds like it got good reviews so they probably did.

BroncosRtheBest
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Dec 2010, 2:24 pm

I played it at Best Buy on tuesday, but they really should have released it on the PS3 & 360. The motion controls don't do the concept justice.

Dalton_Man321
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Dec 2010, 3:10 pm

I heard it was a disappointment but I personally haven't played it.

Jukilum
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Dec 2010, 5:29 pm

I don't think that there were ever plans for it to be on any system besides the Wii, at least not once development was well underway. I'd be interested to read about those plans if someone has a link.

asprin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Dec 2010, 10:38 pm

i played it and it was cool for like 10 minutes, the rest sucked thats my review for it

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Dec 2010, 6:56 am

I'm kind of sad to hear that its not getting favorable reviews on here. But whoever said it first is right, the wii is hard to make games on. That's why it doesn't have a lot of good third party titles, sadly.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 8:10 am

Hmm...that's unfortunate. I was looking forward to what Warren Spector could bring to Disney.

On the plus side, maybe it'll hit the bargain bins :oops:

BroncosRtheBest
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Dec 2010, 12:01 pm

countzarroff wrote:
I'm kind of sad to hear that its not getting favorable reviews on here. But whoever said it first is right, the wii is hard to make games on. That's why it doesn't have a lot of good third party titles, sadly.

^ this.

This is what has happened to every Nintentendo non-handheld system since the 64, and maybe the SNES (I don't know enough about it to make a judgment call). The 64 was the last console that held cartridges, and to make one cart cost the company $30. The GameCube had those weird baby discs that were a pain in the butt to make, as are the Wii discs, which are basically normal-size versions of the GC discs. You can't use a normal DVD burner to make them, driving up cost to developers. Good for preventing file-sharing, not so good for keeping costs down and productivity up. Combine the weird discs with the new motion controls, and the Wii is definitely the hardest system ever to make games for. (I know the 360 & PS3 both have motion controls now, but you can make a game without them, so they don't really count).

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Dec 2010, 7:40 pm

BroncosRtheBest wrote:
countzarroff wrote:

^ this.

This is what has happened to every Nintendo non-handheld system since the 64, and maybe the SNES (I don't know enough about it to make a judgment call). The 64 was the last console that held cartridges, and to make one cart cost the company $30. The GameCube had those weird baby discs that were a pain in the butt to make, as are the Wii discs, which are basically normal-size versions of the GC discs. You can't use a normal DVD burner to make them, driving up cost to developers. Good for preventing file-sharing, not so good for keeping costs down and productivity up. Combine the weird discs with the new motion controls, and the Wii is definitely the hardest system ever to make games for. (I know the 360 & PS3 both have motion controls now, but you can make a game without them, so they don't really count).

Very true. The real problem I have with Nintendo now a days is that they spend too much time trying to be independent with their technology when what they should be caring about is making good games. Their gadgets and do-hickeys are nice ideas at first, but they just end up turning away good game developers that don't want to be bothered putting together games on such a hard system to program.

I honestly believe that a system itself just needs to be playable because the games will speak for themselves. I bought my wii to play super smash bros brawl, mario kart and the stuff on the virtual console. I never play Wii Sports. The only game I have for it that I actually use the motion control is Lego Batman because you have to use it there. So I've never really cared about the technology. Some people do though.