Page 3 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

evil_eyes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 May 2011, 7:03 am

I can't wait for Twin Villages. Grand Bazaar was actually really good, but I didn't like that you could only save when you go to bed. Sunshine islands is my handheld HM of choice.

mori_pastel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 May 2011, 10:51 pm

BriannaBee wrote:
Anybody except Jack and Gamzee.

Aww, that sucks. =( What game did you find? I think Luna was extremely cute in Tree of Tranquility. What's awesome?

Ah, yeah, I'm a member of that forum. I'm not exactly fond of it though.

Ugh, good point.

Rune Factory Frontier. Not exactly HM but I've been meaning to give it a try since we have it and all. Oh, awesome to your awesome money acquisitions.

I've never looked at the forum, but I've got to admit, I love Fogu. It's my first stop for HM information!

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2011, 2:28 am

evil_eyes wrote:
I can't wait for Twin Villages. Grand Bazaar was actually really good, but I didn't like that you could only save when you go to bed. Sunshine islands is my handheld HM of choice.

I've never played Sunshine Islands but one of the bachelors certainly caught my attention. That gentleman Will. ♪

mori_pastel wrote:
Ugh, good point.

Rune Factory Frontier. Not exactly HM but I've been meaning to give it a try since we have it and all. Oh, awesome to your awesome money acquisitions.

I've never looked at the forum, but I've got to admit, I love Fogu. It's my first stop for HM information!

I really like that one but the runey system makes it kinda bad. It's horrible cause they don't tell you about it I think and they also don't tell you how to work it and your crops die if the runey system isn't good. So yeah I'd look up a guide on those evil things. And you need crops in order to get married. Oh.

Mine too. I sometimes even go there before I have the game. ^^'

evil_eyes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 May 2011, 10:14 am

BriannaBee wrote:
evil_eyes wrote:

I've never played Sunshine Islands but one of the bachelors certainly caught my attention. That gentleman Will. ♪

mori_pastel wrote:
Ugh, good point.

I really like that one but the runey system makes it kinda bad. It's horrible cause they don't tell you about it I think and they also don't tell you how to work it and your crops die if the runey system isn't good. So yeah I'd look up a guide on those evil things. And you need crops in order to get married. Oh.

Mine too. I sometimes even go there before I have the game. ^^'

Will is adorable! I wanted to marry him or Vaughn, and I thought about it for a while before remembering that I was playing as a guy, as I always do U^.^
Sunshine islands is a solid game, you can save anywhere too. But it's a bother to have to talk to everyone everyday so as not to risk losing friendship points.

Rune factory 3 and the rune factory series in general made it a bit too complicated for me to just sit down and relax with. Too much going on~ I liked RF 2 though, that was still nice and easy to pick up and not stress so much over.

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2011, 9:40 pm

evil_eyes wrote:
Will is adorable! I wanted to marry him or Vaughn, and I thought about it for a while before remembering that I was playing as a guy, as I always do U^.^
Sunshine islands is a solid game, you can save anywhere too. But it's a bother to have to talk to everyone everyday so as not to risk losing friendship points.

Rune factory 3 and the rune factory series in general made it a bit too complicated for me to just sit down and relax with. Too much going on~ I liked RF 2 though, that was still nice and easy to pick up and not stress so much over.

You always play as a guy? o: I like playing as a guy cause most bachelors aren't all that good but you can always find a good bachelorette. Do you befriend everyone...?

Awww, I want Rune Factory 2 but it's like impossible to find. I find the Rune Factory games hard because it involves leveling up like crazy and upgrading tools with stuff you hardly ever get from monsters.

mori_pastel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 May 2011, 11:40 pm

BriannaBee wrote:
You always play as a guy? o: I like playing as a guy cause most bachelors aren't all that good but you can always find a good bachelorette.

Agreed! XD The guys are always so stoic and have less personality than the girls. Plus, the girls are so cute thanks to the art styles I just want to hug them!

I went to fogu to see what was so cute about this Will character and got all excited for a moment because I thought I was playing Sunshine Islands instead of Island of Happiness. : ( Why must they have most of the same characters? I want to marry Will now instead of Vaughn.

Sounds like Sunshine Islands suffers the same problem Island of Happiness does. In IoH, the area is just so huge and the characters are spread so far apart it's almost impossible to talk to every one of them and still get your work done. I even manage to get lost in the forest area. @_@ I neglect so many people in that game.

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2011, 12:15 am

mori_pastel wrote:
Agreed! XD The guys are always so stoic and have less personality than the girls. Plus, the girls are so cute thanks to the art styles I just want to hug them!

I went to fogu to see what was so cute about this Will character and got all excited for a moment because I thought I was playing Sunshine Islands instead of Island of Happiness. : ( Why must they have most of the same characters? I want to marry Will now instead of Vaughn.

Sounds like Sunshine Islands suffers the same problem Island of Happiness does. In IoH, the area is just so huge and the characters are spread so far apart it's almost impossible to talk to every one of them and still get your work done. I even manage to get lost in the forest area. @_@ I neglect so many people in that game.

I know right? They only have a couple more marriage options. I married Lanna in Island of Happiness but Pierre was cuuute. Well there's always holidays.

I tend to cheat time in Island of Happiness. I'm impatient and the days just aren't long enough! So I use Action Replay to freeze and speed up time. (I'm bad.) I neglect just about everyone in Harvest Moon. Only my marriage choice and people I have to befriend are befriended mostly. =P

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 1:57 am

Harvest Moon? Yes please! Love harvest moon! <3

I grew up on the N64 version and I have played so so many of them but I think my favorites are Friends of Mineral Town (and more friends of mineral town) and, awful as the name is, I loved Harvest Moon DS Cute. I love having the classic cast of characters around - though Grey being so darn dull ticked me off - also only around on Thursdays. He was never around, his cut scenes were dull as all hell, and then he ranted about his grandpa one too many times and I ended up dumping him (at a red heart!) to marry Skylar the thief on a whim. :lol: I'm evil sometimes. :P I've married all of the guys at least once in both those games and (between me and my sister) most of the chicks too- is that sad for me to admit? hahah

I agree! Wonderful life was confusing/sucky as hell - I mean, c'mon, like y'all said I don't want realism. I can't force my cow to have a baby in order to make it produce milk for a little while! I love my cows. I can't sell their babies. And only 3 bachelors/ladies? C'mon. My tastes are more varied than that. :\ Also it is so not cool in Another wonderful life how your story ends after you get married. C'mon! LAME! And the ending of the dude one was sort of interesting, but sort of a gyp too. Eh. The gamecube HMs were kind of major fail.

On the ones for wii, I've played Animal Parade and Island of Happiness. Island of happiness I quit playing before getting married/kids (which I never do) because the loading screens took so darn loooong. And then in Animal Parade, which I'm in the middle on right now, I just married the Wizard and had a baby girl. These games are alright... Pretty fun, very cute. But I prefer having the game handheld on my DS.

I'm playing RuneFactory 3 now too - Much more fun than I thought it would be. I've been spoiled by getting to play a girl in all the latest harvest moons, it's an adjustment to have to woo girls again. But it's a really fun game, I think. The dialogue is MUCH less repetitive than in harvest moon games and I think the characters are a bit more interesting too. I miss buying livestock though - I always accidentally seduce the monsters when I clear out my backpack mid-battle so my barn is pretty much full of really random ones that give nothing useful. :lol: I'm not sure who I'll marry yet but I've seen all of the cut scene/movies for all of the girls (all at at least 9 hearts) because I'm a player like that. :lol:

Final thought: I wish I could play a girl in Rune Factoryyyyyyy.... ):

Also: Also, I know a grand total of ONE dude that plays harvest moon. Or at least he's the only one that admits to it.

Wow. Harvest Moon makes me RANT. Hahaha

evil_eyes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 May 2011, 9:34 am

BriannaBee wrote:
evil_eyes wrote:

You always play as a guy? o: I like playing as a guy cause most bachelors aren't all that good but you can always find a good bachelorette. Do you befriend everyone...?

Awww, I want Rune Factory 2 but it's like impossible to find. I find the Rune Factory games hard because it involves leveling up like crazy and upgrading tools with stuff you hardly ever get from monsters.

I'm a girl, but I like playing guy characters U^.^ I don't marry anyone, except in RF 2 so I could get to the next generation and play as my son. (I married Yue~ XD) Usually I just play as an asexual farmer, making friends with the charas I like (Like the priest from the original HM, Vaugn, Will, Taro and Elliot from SI, etc). For some reason, I lean towards playing male characters, I don't play games with female leads. Same with books.

@one guy who plays HM (and happily admits it): awesome. Just awesome XD RF 3 made me dizzy, but it's objectively the best RF so far (I still like RF 1 though XD). The witch is pretty adorable. I like Monica...oh wait, she's not a bachelorette U^_^
haha, you player~I wonder who you'll settle down with. I don't think polygamy is an option~ XD

mb1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 May 2011, 11:45 am

I've tried most of them, but the only one I could really get into was "Back to Nature" on the original Playstation. I also like Rune Factory, but I'm not as much for fighting as I just enjoy the farming and building.

Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 May 2011, 4:45 pm

evil_eyes wrote:
I don't think polygamy is an option~ XD

If it was I'd have an easier time choosing who to marry. "Who you gonna marry?" "EVERYONE." But that'd probably be a bad thing to put in a game, huh? Actually I kind of did this with cheats but it's kinda complex what happened. I was playing Island of Happiness, got married to Lanna, had my kid, got action replay, changed gender to girl to see what would happen, ended up not being married to Lanna I guess but she still said things about being happy she married me when I gave her gifts as a guy, Lanna and I weren't really married anymore, couldn't get re-married to her since we were already married, wooed Chelsea, married Chelsea. ._. Did that make sense? It was cooool.
I see. o: I always find someone I like, but I think it's kinda cool how you play.

Jaejoongfangirl, you mean Skye? Haha, he's cute. I ended up marrying him. I was actually like "I like Skye the least so I'm gonna marry him." then later I ended up liking him. Daaang. That's a lot of people to marry.

How was it confusing? Ah, yeah, I hated having my cow go through giving birth in order to milk her. It's like "I have to wait that long to get milk for one year?" I thought it was a little cool though. I also thought it was neat how your female cow could get pregnant if you had a bull around. Actually, I think Magical Melody was really good. That one wasn't a major fail.

Island of Happiness wasn't for the wii it was for the DS. You mean Tree of Tranquility? Yeah the loading screens in that took a while and there were so many. Really? I prefer console games. I don't have to worry about the life of the battery. (Well there are the batteries in the wiimote but I have two so if one dies I can use the other.)

You guys are lucky. =( Ya player. =P I did that too in the first. Almost all the girls were swooning over the Raguna boy. I was after the ghost girl Sharron but I accidentally married Bianca before I got to marry her... Oops. =l

Yeah I wish I could play as a girl in Rune Factory. That'd be so cool!

evil_eyes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 May 2011, 8:54 pm

...I suddenly want my male farmer to marry Vaughn :D No wait, it would be hilarious if it were Will because Will would keep treating Kai (my farmer) as a damsel and Kai will be like, "My darling husband, I'm the one doing all the work :| You just sit in the house and cook meals for me, so if anyone here is a damsel, it's you<3"

Skye is adorable~ He's prettier than the girl character XD

Lol, you "accidentally" married someone? XD Haha, if real life were like that...oh wait, we have vegas~

For some reason I kind of liked Bianca despite her brattiness. Plus she is ridiculously easy to romance, like Poppuri from the original HM. I think I liked Sharon too, and I was sort of after Felice...although my Raguna was secretly after Rusell, the librarian ^.^

In RF 2, you can play as your daughter when you get married :) She's a cute kid, you live with your mom and you can't marry but you can have these "dates" with the other kids~

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 11:57 pm

Briannabee: You are awesome at decoding my sleep deprived rants! Yes, I meant Skye and yeah, the one with the tree, not the island. Hahaha :lol:

But seriously. Harvest moon is addictive. I mean, uh, I CAN STOP ANY TIME I WANT. Yes. Totally.

evil_eyes wrote:
...I suddenly want my male farmer to marry Vaughn :D No wait, it would be hilarious if it were Will because Will would keep treating Kai (my farmer) as a damsel and Kai will be like, "My darling husband, I'm the one doing all the work :| You just sit in the house and cook meals for me, so if anyone here is a damsel, it's you<3"

My Raguna was secretly after Rusell, the librarian ^.^

My male farmers are always secretly gay! In RF3 I'm involved with Rusk and Carlos. We keep it casual.

Oh, so, in RF3 do Evelyn and Gaius ever actually get together? They are too freaking adorable.

MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 4:15 am

I can stop halfway into the winter. Seriously. That's the one flaw in the addictive properties of HM.

I really think that Harvest Moon appeals to autistics.

evil_eyes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 May 2011, 10:44 am

Jaejoongfangirl wrote:
Briannabee: You are awesome at decoding my sleep deprived rants! Yes, I meant Skye and yeah, the one with the tree, not the island. Hahaha :lol:

But seriously. Harvest moon is addictive. I mean, uh, I CAN STOP ANY TIME I WANT. Yes. Totally.

evil_eyes wrote:

My Raguna was secretly after Rusell, the librarian ^.^

My male farmers are always secretly gay! In RF3 I'm involved with Rusk and Carlos. We keep it casual.

Oh, so, in RF3 do Evelyn and Gaius ever actually get together? They are too freaking adorable.

<3 Rusk. I swear he'll make someone a good wife someday, what with those culinary skills...

and I'm not sure. I rather like Evelyn, I hope her character develops. RF 3 is a step up from the plain stories we've been getting--finally, some plot! But I still want more. I want more options, like it'd be cool if who we befriend affects how we experience the story somehow. It doesn't have to be more rpg-like, I'm not asking for more dungeons or anything, but maybe it could feel more like an adventure, with a rich story and developed cast that would make farming even more worthwhile.

@Loony: Well, the controlled, idyllic world is a good escape. Relaxing, as simple or complex as we want it to be, and with defined rules~ XD

mori_pastel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 May 2011, 3:16 pm

MrLoony wrote:
I really think that Harvest Moon appeals to autistics.

I've got a funny (and incredibly pathetic) story for you. I was in 8th grade and wanted to be friends with this girl who didn't like me, so I asked my mom for advise. She said "Just say hello to her every day!"

"Wow!" I thought. "Just like Harvest Moon! Why didn't anyone ever tell me it was this easy?!" And I went and said hello to the girl every day. Not start a conversations with her, mind you, just walked up to her at her lockers, interrupted whatever she was doing/talking to, said "hello," and then walked off feeling all pleased with myself because I was making friends. I didn't realize there was anything wrong with my master plan until weeks/months later when the girl turned around one day, furious, and told me to leave her alone and stop being such a freaky weirdo. : (

Moral of the story: Life should be more like Harvest Moon. Obviously. XD

BriannaBee wrote:
I tend to cheat time in Island of Happiness. I'm impatient and the days just aren't long enough! So I use Action Replay to freeze and speed up time. (I'm bad.) I neglect just about everyone in Harvest Moon. Only my marriage choice and people I have to befriend are befriended mostly. =P

I'm a neglector too. XD I've got a set number of people on my "friendship route" for every day and if you don't fit into that route I simply won't talk to you. Ever. Unless you'll give me something if I do. Especially in that game. In some, you can fit visiting everybody into a single day. Not that one.

evil_eyes wrote:
For some reason, I lean towards playing male characters, I don't play games with female leads. Same with books.

Me too. I even fancy myself something of a writer and I have a real hard time writing about female characters! I've come to the conclusion that it's because I don't fit well into female stereotypes so most female characters are really hard for me to relate to. But a male character is like a blank sheet. They can be anything. I don't even think I can think of a game that has a female character that's not horribly stereotypical AND not a mute.