how long does it take for you to get bored of the games your

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 6:59 pm

It varies anywhere from a week to a year depending on the game.

Ghonasiflaids
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Sep 2011, 3:51 pm

Depends on the depth. I have nearly 500 hours on my pokemon leafgreen version, 200 hours on Modern WarFare 2(This was not a good experience...), and nearly 2200 hours on Runescape. I cant imagine ever quitting runescape as it is based on skills and quests which take countless hours to complete, not to mention is massively multiplayer.

krankes_hirn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Sep 2011, 6:24 pm

It varies. I played through MGS4 25 times before it got boring, but It tok only once for Splinter Cell.

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

06 Sep 2011, 10:17 pm

SpiceWolf wrote:
It depends on the game.

For example I'm still playing the first Deus Ex a decade later.
But the second one, I played through once and never played it again.
\

same here i have a ton of games i played once only, and there are other games that get used so much the get natural wear and tear from the ps2 console alone, or ps3 the two systems i turn on at all anymore.

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 10:54 pm

I get bored of role playing quite fast. The longest I got addicted to a game was 6 months.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 2:06 am

40,000 years.

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 9:38 am

Couple of hours or so. Need long breaks.

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

07 Sep 2011, 11:20 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
40,000 years.

lol, that was like my sonic adventure 2 battle game for my gamecube, i played it so much it barely plays anymore.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 11:40 am

xemnasfan wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
40,000 years.

lol, that was like my sonic adventure 2 battle game for my gamecube, i played it so much it barely plays anymore.

Perhaps if you get a new controller and the disc resurfaced it will probably play like new.

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

07 Sep 2011, 3:28 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
xemnasfan wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
40,000 years.

Perhaps if you get a new controller and the disc resurfaced it will probably play like new.

my controllers are fine but the disk is really bad, there are times where it just stops playing but i got a used copy of ratchet and clank going commando, and it really plays bad, my mom used some scratch remover and it is better, but i had sound cut-outs, lock ups for up to a minute, times where the ship flights would loop 20 times, terrible lag when changing weapons, etc.. but i did manage to beat the first playthrough and most of the challenge mode playthrough till i screwed my save with my new action replay. :)

awesome game though i now know why this series is so popular.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 4:07 pm

xemnasfan wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
xemnasfan wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
40,000 years.

my controllers are fine but the disk is really bad, there are times where it just stops playing but i got a used copy of ratchet and clank going commando, and it really plays bad, my mom used some scratch remover and it is better, but i had sound cut-outs, lock ups for up to a minute, times where the ship flights would loop 20 times, terrible lag when changing weapons, etc.. but i did manage to beat the first playthrough and most of the challenge mode playthrough till i screwed my save with my new action replay. :)

My wife likes that game also, but mainly because of the Chao garden. The sonic game I liked was for Game Gear. 2D game play is a fair bit simpler than 3D, although with shooter games I prefer 3D for it being more realistic but for Sonic I prefer the 2D version better probably because it was the first one I played.

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

07 Sep 2011, 11:06 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
xemnasfan wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
xemnasfan wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
40,000 years.

My wife likes that game also, but mainly because of the Chao garden. The sonic game I liked was for Game Gear. 2D game play is a fair bit simpler than 3D, although with shooter games I prefer 3D for it being more realistic but for Sonic I prefer the 2D version better probably because it was the first one I played.

well i mostly played this game so much because for the longest time it was all i had on the gamecube, but yeah i got into the chao garden as well, and i once knew alot about raising them, it was a passion for me. i even freaked out when my first chao turned back into an egg, mainly because i didn't see it happen, i turned away and she was gone.

but after playing this game so much i had it down to a science i memorized every cyrstal location on knuckles and rouge stages, [which made my bro mad when we played in two player mode, i would almost always choose tikal who had a nerf to her crystal locator because i didn't need it to much anymore.

it was probably the only game i nearly 100% finished without help, i had one mission left to get an a rank on and i accidentally deleted my save, after that my platforming skills were basicly gone. infamous was the first game in years that i could platform on again.

but i find it bloody hard to dodge attacks in any 2d game, but i am the same way in music choices i like only the first version i hear.

mori_pastel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Sep 2011, 3:49 am

Varies. Sometimes I get a game I really want to play, play it for thirty seconds, come back several months later and play it through to the end as fast as I possibly can. Some games I can only take in small doses.

For something i really get obsessed with, it can vary. I tend to play in bursts, a lot of a specific title in a short period of time then nothing for a very long time.Some of my MegaTen games have around 100 to 200 hours logged, and those happened in 2-3 bursts. (Any more than that, I usually end up restarting the game.)

For instance, I've got 51 hours logged right now on Terraria. 90% of that happened in less than a week. But that week was about two months after I bought it. >_<

fell_up
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Sep 2011, 11:55 pm

If it's single player, then I get bored pretty quickly, like after a week or so, e.g. L.A. Noire. Multiplayer games pique my interest a bit longer

qwertywop
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Sep 2011, 7:14 pm

Everytime i get a new game I have to find everything out about it. I'm not satisfied until i know the game inside and out.
If its a single player game I will continue playing until I have unlocked everything worth getting and done every side-quest.
If its multiplayer I ussually play until something new comes out and I get sucked into that.

DaKing
Toucan
Toucan

17 Sep 2011, 4:21 pm

qwertywop wrote:
Everytime i get a new game I have to find everything out about it. I'm not satisfied until i know the game inside and out.
If its a single player game I will continue playing until I have unlocked everything worth getting and done every side-quest.
If its multiplayer I ussually play until something new comes out and I get sucked into that.

This