What is your favorite system of all time?

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Darialan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2011, 1:41 pm

The playstation 2. I'm a big JRPG fan and that was the system to play those on. There were so many to choose from. XD

Mack27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2011, 2:23 pm

My favorite ever is the original Xbox. The other systems I own or owned are Atari 2600, Intellivision, Atari 7800, NES, Turbografx 16, Sega Genesis, Atari Jaguar, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox 360 and PS3.

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

13 Sep 2011, 4:52 pm

Beauty_pact wrote:
Iloveshoujoai wrote:
I've played so many systems. The Sega Dreamcast really stood out to me, probably more than any other system, possibly with the exception of the Nintendo 64. It was ahead of it's time for many reasons, and had so many great games. It was a complete failure though in terms of sales, and the games were only made for a period of around 2 years before developers decided to stop making games for it.

Yes, it was such a shame. :(

Dreamcast is my favourite, as well. I have most of the good games for it after a collecting period of mine. I also liked the idea with the memory cards, a lot, even if it maybe wasn't overly important and barely used. Overall, it should've been the Dreamcast that dominated the market and not the PS2. The only benefit with the PS2, as I see it, was the DVD format... but I guess that, and the PlayStation name, was enough.

i personally hate the memory cards, i can't even have my sa2 game and my chao data on the same card, what a waste. damn thing is hard to pull out of the controller, i had to put my tassle on it for some leverage.

ps2 cards are much nicer they hold more info and they are easy to get out of the machine. all i need out of a memory card is space for my game saves.... that's it. all that flare to me is a waste.

the dreamcast is a good system, and should not have gone down like that, i agree. but the memory cards are a waste, and for the love of god can they put the wires on the right side of the controller.... is there a controller with a wire in the back and a memory card that is more like the ps2.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

13 Sep 2011, 9:17 pm

PC hands down. That way I'm able to emulate almost any game from any system, and I'm also able to easily get Japanese-language RPG's translated as well as bypassing the region-locking mechanism found on many of the older game systems. This way, for example, I can play the censored Streets of Rage 3, or the uncensored Bare Knuckle 3 (the Japanese Streets of Rage 3) where I can play as Gay Ash.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

13 Sep 2011, 9:27 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
The PS2 does have a good variety of games for it, but I like the Nintendo 64 bit because it has 007 GoldenEye.
GoldenEye 64. Best. Splitscreen. Multiplayer. Ever.

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

14 Sep 2011, 1:07 am

SyphonFilter wrote:
PC hands down. That way I'm able to emulate almost any game from any system, and I'm also able to easily get Japanese-language RPG's translated as well as bypassing the region-locking mechanism found on many of the older game systems. This way, for example, I can play the censored Streets of Rage 3, or the uncensored Bare Knuckle 3 (the Japanese Streets of Rage 3) where I can play as Gay Ash.

i would agree if most pc games ran as stable as they do on my consoles. i am able to play darksiders with little trouble, but fallout 3 and dragon age are bloody headaches and a half.

DaKing
Toucan
Toucan

17 Sep 2011, 3:22 am

X-BOX360

Christopherwillson
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 8:58 pm

Xbox 360 :D i love how microsoft doesn't make new things all the time but improves what they have made.

Aspie score: 182-200

Don't know what to say.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 8:25 am

Gamecube. :)

DaKing
Toucan
Toucan

21 Sep 2011, 1:26 pm

Minecraft is coming to xbox!! ! :D Take that ps3 Fan Droolers :D

DoubleSPY
Raven
Raven

21 Sep 2011, 6:26 pm

I've played so many game systems, but I gotta say my most favorite is the Xbox360 and Nintendo 64, but mostly N64 since I'm always buying old games that I used to play when I was little.

retrom
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Sep 2011, 11:41 am

I want to say something retro like SNES or NES but I just can't stop thinking about how many awesome PS1 games there are or the fact that the DS almost always impresses me.

My least favorite system is the PSP though. Poorly designed/built and usually the graphics are the only thing that impress me.

TwistedReflection
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Sep 2011, 12:05 pm

GameCube.

Simply because it was the only console to suffer a sexual identity crisis, seeing as it was part purse and part games machine :lol: . Nintendo's not afraid to be different and proud of it.

Also because of a twee little title known as Animal Crossing, a deceptively simple game that could emasculate any man and introduce him to his inner femininity :lol: .

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 12:42 pm

I've had plenty of systems over the 25 years I've been gaming, arguably more than I should've had (NES, GB, SNES, Genesis, 32X, VB, GG, PS1-3, Dreamcast, N64, GC, Wii, GBC, GBA, DS, XBox, 360). Of all those however, it's probably a coin toss between the NES and the SNES. Graphics have never been a major determiner regarding which games and systems are better. To me, it's been about game variety, control simplicity, the story, and replay value. While I'll admit that all the other systems meet most or all of these requirements, there's always a place in my heart for the systems which helped me realize these factors.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

23 Sep 2011, 1:35 pm

DaKing wrote:

*is offended* :lol:

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

23 Sep 2011, 6:59 pm

DaKing wrote:

i saw that and got sick to my stomach, i can't believe he supports that thing. he lost my respect, maybe the next few patches on the pc will make up for it.

i never believed microsoft was greedy till that thing showed up.