So here is a question for all you gamers...

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

VincentVanJones
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Nov 2011, 3:21 pm

I am in college for Game Programming. My work load includes making 360 games, windows games, and android games. On the off chance I actually make anything half decent next semester, would anyone here be willing to test a game before I released it if it got to that point? I figure this would be a good community to find game testers who have a different perspective on what makes games fun.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 3:32 pm

How much does game-testing pay?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

VincentVanJones
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Nov 2011, 3:38 pm

Fnord wrote:

Not sure what the industry rate is lol.. What I meant is if I made a game and I wanted feedback, would people be willing to test it in exchange for a free copy.

CommanderAspie613
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Nov 2011, 4:02 pm

Well I would want to know what the game is about, and what type of game it is...

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 4:08 pm

The industry going rate is zero, of course, as playing a game has an intrinsic value (as Fnord would know if he applied his brain to the problem instead of trotting out his yawnsome "only money matters to me!" line.) There's never a shortage of beta-testers for good games, because people like playing games.

As per CommanderAspie, it'd depend what it was about. You would have to pay me (a lot) to playtest a JRPG or a trout-fishing simulator. :lol:

The year is still young.

VincentVanJones
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Nov 2011, 4:14 pm

Ambivalence wrote:
The industry going rate is zero, of course, as playing a game has an intrinsic value (as Fnord would know if he applied his brain to the problem instead of trotting out his yawnsome "only money matters to me!" line.) There's never a shortage of beta-testers for good games, because people like playing games.

As per CommanderAspie, it'd depend what it was about. You would have to pay me (a lot) to playtest a JRPG or a trout-fishing simulator. :lol:

What about a trout-fishing minigame inside a JRPG?

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 4:15 pm

Well, if it IS a trout fishing simulator, I'm your man! I'm all about brush hawgs and bottom bumping--spin only, no flies please.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 6:02 pm

VincentVanJones wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Not sure what the industry rate is lol.. What I meant is if I made a game and I wanted feedback, would people be willing to test it in exchange for a free copy.

Yes. PM me when you are ready.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

29 Nov 2011, 7:47 pm

As long as the testing is free, I'd be willing to try any Android games you make. :)

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 11:48 pm

Sign me up for testing PC games :D

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 12:13 am

Oo, what college is this?

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 12:39 am

Are you doing this alone?

I thought it took a lot of time/resources to make games these days. I'm surprised you're doing it in college..

DragonKazooie89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Dec 2011, 2:36 am

I'd be glad to test some PC games. I had to program a game myself in college but using C++ for a computer. Didn't get it managed to work correctly but it at least ran and I got my degree last year.