Racing 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sports 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Other 43%  43%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 58

Aelfwine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 May 2012, 12:26 pm

Strategy Games (for example Total war series), Minecraft, city simulations, but I don't have RPGs.
In general games where you have a lot of freedom and decide for yourself what you can do, or where you have the possibility to build up a own world.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2012, 6:08 pm

I rarely play games much anymore but I'd have to say probably srpgs, such as Fire Emblem, Devil Survivor Shining Force, FFT, Tactics Ogre and arcadey style sim games, mainly Ace Combat and the ZOE series. I got into the latter because I LOVE fighter jets and mecha. I really enjoy a good jrpg, loved Persona 3 and 4. Demons Souls and its sequel Dark Souls are their own unique style of game so I can't really pidgeon hole them into a genre, something about the combat, atmosphere and rewarding difficulty make them some of the most enjoyable games ever for me.

Genres I'd like to get into: rts games, I LOVE Starcraft but I get so flustered and struggle with the campaign, then get better but then stop playing and forget everything. I also really want to get into military sims but those are an investment both money wise and in terms of learning. You need to understand the dynamics of energy and weight to wing ratio to really enjoy the sim, if you crank down the realism its just a slower Ace Combat. I HAD Robert Shaw's book..but don't anymore. Gotta replace it. :roll:

I use to love survival horror but after seeing what devs consider "survival horror" anymore I'm going to have to say "no". I hate everything about the new Silent Hill games, I am hyped for RE6 but co-op and yet another partner makes me roll my eyes..why can't we have another game like RE4? It was so perfect. STALKER is probably the scariest game I've played in closest memory that has brought me the feeling of uneasiness and dread SH1 and its sequel. I can't even call myself an SH fan anymore because there are more sh***y games than good ones now..and yes I tried them.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2012, 12:07 pm

Action/Adventure and Platformers

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2012, 12:33 pm

(other) I like strategy & sim games.
Sometimes a racing game scan be fun.

Diagnosed in 2005

UncleBibby
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 May 2012, 3:39 pm

I like fighting games. I play as many as I can, but usually I'm only good at the Street Fighter ones.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 3:50 pm

First person shooters (with strategic elements) and 2D platformers.

xXSeaShellXx
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 May 2012, 1:11 pm

I like Sandbox games where you get to freely explore a game world and do whatever you want, or create your own kind of characters and world to explore. Some of my favorites are the Yakuza series, Little Big Planet, Fable 2, and The Sims.

I also like Adventure games like the Tomb Raider and Uncharted games. Games where you get to visit exotic locations around the world such as jungles and ancient ruins and fight badguys while hunting for treasure.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

16 May 2012, 3:39 pm

Third person platformers. Lots of them.

If I had to pick a genre that you actually listed, I'd go with RPG.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2012, 2:21 am

RPG's, strategy (realtime and turn-based), and action adventure games

Although I've noticed that I much prefer games that have strong storylines.

o0Mackintosh0o
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 May 2012, 6:39 pm

I chose other as I adore The Sims and have been playing since it came out in Feb. 2000 my other choice is City Building games starting with Sim City 2000 when I started playing in 1997 :P

AbstractAlien
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2012, 12:33 pm

2D Platformers.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 3:19 pm

Simulation

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 3:52 pm

I am a historian of the World Wars, I love airplanes and ships especially. The first games I played a lot of were Silent Service II (a WW2 sub game made for DOS in 1990 or so) and Red Baron (a WW1 flying sim game). In the late 1990s I played Red Baron II and Flying Corps (two more WW1 flying sim games while continuing to play Silent Service II using DOS emulation in Windows.

In the mid-2000s I met someone who played The Sims Online, and played that a lot where I met someone else who I ended up rescuing from an abusive situation she was in. She and I have been together since then. She is very much an online gamer into the World of Warcraft type games as well as all the classic PS2 games such as Final Fantasy. For two or three years she tried to get me into WoW, but I resisted. Finally I caved in a couple of expansions ago. I don't play much. I am overwhelmed by sensory input so I turn the sound way down and turn most visual effects off. This is especially crucial in boss fights or raids when there are ten or twenty other players on the screen along with dozens of NPCs (computer controlled characters).

There might be new WW1 flying sim games and WW2 sub games, but last time I checked about five or six years ago there wasn't anything I was interested in buying or playing. I'm not much for games anyway. My interests are being The Bicycling Guitarist, composing original music, experiencing consciousness directly, and the pursuit of knowledge (especially history and science). When I learn something new or compose a new song, for me it is like beating a boss or gaining another level.