Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

GreenTechnoFox
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Mar 2013, 12:09 pm

Who is your favorite videogame villain and why is he/she/it/they your favorite?

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 12:58 pm

That probably needs a list of villains... So many good ones... I'll try with a top 5.

1. Sephiroth (because he is Sephiroth)
2. Kerrigan (because of all of the potential Queen b*****s of The Universe, they chose the hottest one)
3. Kane (because it would be a sad error in judgement to mistake him for a corpse)
4. GLaDOS (because the cake is a lie)
5. Sarevok (because he does not fear death. Do you?)

StreetlightFancies
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Mar 2013, 1:04 pm

I'd have to say Lord Lucien in Fable II. As fictional characters go, he actually made me really angry with the things he did to the protagonist. (I'd go into the specifics, but spoilers ahoy.)

GreenTechnoFox
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Mar 2013, 1:10 pm

GGPViper wrote:
That probably needs a list of villains... So many good ones... I'll try with a top 5.

1. Sephiroth (because he is Sephiroth)
2. Kerrigan (because of all of the potential Queen b*****s of The Universe, they chose the hottest one)
3. Kane (because it would be a sad error in judgement to mistake him for a corpse)
4. GLaDOS (because the cake is a lie)
5. Sarevok (because he does not fear death. Do you?)

Interesting Lets see mine.

1.Kane, (One vision One Purpose! Tiberium is the way and the the light! The End is only the beginning!)
2.Revolver Oceleot "There is nothing like the feeling of slamming a long silver bullet into a well greased chamber.)
3.Liquid snake "Snake! Did you like my sunglasses?"
3.Slavick from CNC "You will retrieve the tacitus soldier, or I will bury you along with your men in that tomb."
4.General Plastro from the old Army Men Games. "Why? You asked WHY?!?! Because I am the bad guy that's why!"
I have more, but they are just not coming up into my mind as of now.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 2:42 pm

Ocelot - MGS series
Psycho Mantis - MGS1
Sniper Wolf - MGS1
Fat man - MGS2
The End - MGS3
The Fury - MGS3
The Sorrow - MGS3
The Boss(if you can really count her) - MGS3
Andrei Ulmeyda - Killer7
Curtis Blackburn - Killer7
Kun Lan - Killer7
Harman Smith? - Killer7
Dr. Peace - NMH
Shinobu - NMH
Destroyman - NMH
Letz Shake - NMH
Harvey Voladarskii - NMH
Bad Girl - NMH
Jeanne - NMH
Ryuji - NMH2
Alice - NH2
George Reed - Shadows of the Damned
Elliot Thomas - Shadows of the Damned
Fleming - Shadows of the Damned
Mariska - Lollipop Chainsaw
Josey - Lollipop Chainsaw
Killabilly - Lollipop Chainsaw
Gruntilda - Banjo Kazooie series
Eggman - Sonic series
Bowser - Mario series, though specifically in the Paper Mario games and Super Mario Galaxy
Ganondorf - Zelda: The Wind Waker
Ghirahim - Zelda: Skyward Sword
The Imprisoned - Zelda: Skyward Sword
Majora - Zelda: Majora's Mask
John Henry Eden - Fallout 3
Caesar - Fallout: New Vegas
The Prophets of Truth, Regret, and Mercy - Halo series
Gravemind - Halo series

I have way too many. :P

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 3:36 pm

Well a reoccurring theme in villains is that they have a greater goal or they feel they are doing something for the greater good, in a sense they have a warped sense of justice so to me that's been overplayed now.

Metal Gear Solid had some very interesting dynamic and complex villains which came from different backgrounds so I would have to tip my hat off to the villains of Metal Gear Solid like Psycho Mantis, Sniper Wolf, The Boss and Vamp.

Fallout and Bioshock had some very interesting and dynamic villains as well which were really creative and alternative to the typical villains. Assassins Creed also had interesting villains as it explored the dynamics of opposing biased views and how each side thought they were the greater good.

No doubt, Foxhound from Metal Gear Solid do top the list though.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 3:47 pm

Officer Tenpenny from the Grand Theft Auto series definitely gets a mention as well, he is definitely one of the best villains from any open world sandbox game.

GreenTechnoFox
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Mar 2013, 4:10 pm

Wolfheart wrote:
Well a reoccurring theme in villains is that they have a greater goal or they feel they are doing something for the greater good, in a sense they have a warped sense of justice so to me that's been overplayed now.

Metal Gear Solid had some very interesting dynamic and complex villains which came from different backgrounds so I would have to tip my hat off to the villains of Metal Gear Solid like Psycho Mantis, Sniper Wolf, The Boss and Vamp.

Fallout and Bioshock had some very interesting and dynamic villains as well which were really creative and alternative to the typical villains. Assassins Creed also had interesting villains as it explored the dynamics of opposing biased views and how each side thought they were the greater good.

No doubt, Foxhound from Metal Gear Solid do top the list though.

I see, yet I must confess I do like villains like that. Mostly because of how I see the world as morally grey.

I like: Ocelot, Vamp, Liquid, Raven, psycho mantis, and Solidus.

Ah I forgot about Andrew Ryan "A man creates, a parasite asks "Where is my share?"