Are there games that you get "addicted" to?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

greengeek
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jun 2013, 11:14 pm

Are there games that you get "addicted" to?

I've been getting into playing Blockout for the Sega Genesis, and it's a really addicting 3D Tetris Game. It was developed by California Dreams. I sucked at it and didn't like it at first, but once I got the hang of the controls and what each of the three buttons does, it got addicting. I use the Three Button game Pad with it. I went out to dinner with my parents for my father's birthday, and i was still thinking about patterns in the game. It seems more addicting than the Nintendo Tetris for the NES, but that maybe because 2D Tetris is so simple, as everything is flat. Blockout makes you think more as it's 3D and not 2D.

TreehuggerXXL
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jun 2013, 1:32 am

They should like ban every mario game ever made. Or replace characters with Twilight/highschool musical ones.

Might try that tetris game though, sounds interesting.

Enc
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jun 2013, 4:16 am

I played way to much World of Warcraft some years ago. Other than that, not really. Most games get old after awhile.

Kerias
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jun 2013, 4:19 am

There has been a lot of games that I´ve been addicted to. Ever since I was like 5 years old I´ve been gaming a lot. I usually just stick with just one game at a time, just focusing at it totally and get really obsessed about it, simply can´t get it out of my mind. Usually after a few weeks or months I get tired of it and usually stop playing it. Although I might start playing the game again, but I usually don´t get that obsessed about it.

fueledbycoffee
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 8:46 am

Let's see... EQ, WoW, Morrowind, Runescape, Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft II, Xenogears, Final Fantasy VII... I could go on.

I kinda feel it coming on with Wurm Online.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 9:21 am

I was addicted to Doom in my teenage years, was addicted to Dark Souls before giving up on it completely. I got all the way to Seath The Scaleless on Dark Souls and just decided the game is impossible LOL. Not really addicted to anything right now but started to play baldur's gate so I might get addicted to that.

Cilantro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jun 2013, 10:49 am

I tend to get addicted to games with random factors and exploration (dungeon crawlers, etc) or games like mancala. Anything I can count on for something I can't predict and a new angle to approach it from.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 12:08 pm

Xcom: UFO Defense. Those tense, hour-long gun battles with aliens, followed by an orgy of loot-selling(assuming you win)...

Ooccoo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jun 2013, 6:07 pm

Given that I've amassed nearly 70 hours of game time on New Leaf since its release last Friday, you tell me XD

Pileo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2013, 8:02 pm

Currently Anno 2070. I used to be addicted to Sims, but EA/Maxis has taken the brand in the opposite direction of where I want it to go and the game is full of poor programming. I can't play Sims 3 without some sort of glitch or lagging (I can run games like Bioshock Infinite just fine). I'm gonna start up on Fallout New Vegas again. I can play that for hours.

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2013, 8:04 pm

Oh, the Civilization games were good at that, and the Paradox games are still very good at that.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2013, 8:41 pm

Minecraft.

Dwarf Fortress.

Pretty much any shmup.

Civ001
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jun 2013, 6:03 pm

Order and Chaos Online for you iPhone. The games graphics has a WOW feeling to them. It is 6.99 when you buy it and free for 3 months. But after playing it for 3 months you have to pay .99 cents.

theshawngorton
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jun 2013, 5:02 am

Metal Gear series. And FINAL FANTASY series for I.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2013, 7:02 am

Lord of the Rings Online.

Classic Pavlov Dog's conditioning. :lol:

My main character is maxed and I'm grinding away to clear out all deeds from prior areas I've over-leveled for (mainly to gain the perks which can enhance my combat abilities). I'm working at leveling up my other two characters' crafting ability with loot I get on the main character.

When I bore of LOTRO, I put it aside for a while (logging in once a week to do crafting XP stuff if needed) and I play Xbox. When I bore of Xbox, I go back to LOTRO.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2013, 7:54 am

I was "addicted" to SMB 1 (and partly 2 and 3) when they were new, and I become addicted to every new Harvest Moon, Rune Factory and Pokemon game I get.
I'm also hooked on Solitaire and other card games on PC or DS on and off.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765